What's new

Can't smoke a full bowl

I'll post a few more of the radio room tomorrow. The other views may be a little messy though. :)

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone. I'm going to just continue enjoying my pipes and not worry about nicotine. If my body says stop, I'll set it down for a while...or just man up and plow through it! ;)

I've found that sipping a bowl and trying to drag it out as long as possible can work too. I will smoke at the shop. I usually smoke for a brief time, go back to my work, then come back to it. It's usually gone out, but it's OK because I can then get some use out of my Zippo :)

Some of us are nicotine hounds who enjoy the buzz. Don't let us discourage you.

Pretty sure I fall into that category! :lol:

I never really got sick, just a little dizzy a time or two and once had elevated heart and clammy feeling

That'd be the nicotine. I think a lot of us have had it at one point or another. Snus used to do it to me and almost completely turned me off to it.

As has been suggested, slow down, take your time, listening to your body, and have a sugary drink close at hand in case you over do it. If you haven't yet, try a McClelland blend like Frog Morton, it's very low in the nicotine department and a cool, mellow, smoke.

As has been suggested, slow down, take your time, listening to your body, and have a sugary drink close at hand in case you over do it. If you haven't yet, try a McClelland blend like Frog Morton, it's very low in the nicotine department and a cool, mellow, smoke.

Tastes great, less buzzing.

This is good advise. I love all of the Frog Morton blends. I bought the sampler set (4 tins) from Pipes & Cigars.com and they are all awesome and smell great! I tried some Dunhill Mellow and nearly puked it made me so sick.

I guess I am a little late to the party, but suggestions above are spot on. When smoking a strong tobacco I will often only smoke half sometimes less of the bowl and come back to it either later that day, maybe even the next day. It's called DGS (delayed gratification syndrome)

Also as stated relights are no big deal, I also let the pipe go out often when reading this or my pipe forum. It's no big deal, although you may go through flint faster :lol:

happy lunting!

Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I'm feeling a lot better about this. So glad to hear Frog Morton blends are light nic cause I've been really looking forward to trying them.

Again, I really appreciate all the help...you guys ROCK!

Here's a few more pics of the messy radio room...there's a couple old military rigs including a BC-375 transmitter out of a B-17 Flying Fortress, nice old Hallicrafters rigs and a RBB/RBC pair built and designed by RCA that cost the Navy 2,800 dollars per unit in 1939...that's roughly 40,000 dollars in todays dollars. They had to be built really well to survive the heavy pounding of the big guns on destroyers.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395889539.100645.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395889563.452424.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395889581.223733.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395889595.838467.jpg

Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I'm feeling a lot better about this. So glad to hear Frog Morton blends are light nic cause I've been really looking forward to trying them.

Again, I really appreciate all the help...you guys ROCK!

Here's a few more pics of the messy radio room...there's a couple old military rigs including a BC-375 transmitter out of a B-17 Flying Fortress, nice old Hallicrafters rigs and a RBB/RBC pair built and designed by RCA that cost the Navy 2,800 dollars per unit in 1939...that's roughly 40,000 dollars in todays dollars. They had to be built really well to survive the heavy pounding of the big guns on destroyers.

View attachment 429330
View attachment 429331
View attachment 429333
View attachment 429335

WOW!!!! Now I need a cold shower.

Thanks guys...I think I made it perfectly obvious now that I'm horribly affected by acquisition disorders. Look out PAD and TAD!

Do you inhale the smoke? Could be a habit from your cig days, and inhaling a pipe can hit you really hard (nothing wrong with that, know a few guys who inhale when smoking a pipe).

Do you inhale the smoke? Could be a habit from your cig days, and inhaling a pipe can hit you really hard (nothing wrong with that, know a few guys who inhale when smoking a pipe).

No inhaling for me. Maybe I absorb through the gums more readily than most...IDK?

No inhaling for me. Maybe I absorb through the gums more readily than most...IDK?

You are probably just more sensitive to nicotine as you used to smoke. Body was used to it, then you stopped, now it hates it. Kind of like how one can become mildly lactose intolerant if they don't drink milk for a few months. I wouldn't sweat it, you will probably build up a mild tolerence soon, or you can just use a pipe with a smaller bowl, or smoke less.

Well i am on the same boat as you are, I have been a non smoker for quiet a long time and then again started smoking. But the key for me was controlling it to the minimum

Top Bottom