What's new

Can't put them in the score thread yet, but they are paid for...

Rock River Arms 5.56 upper. I will have the upper in a couple weeks but the can will be a while. Not sure how long wait times are for NFA items lately. Full auto with that micro AR should be fun. Can't wait to try it out. Will post muzzle flash video.

Rugged Razor 5.56. Silencershop told me that a 4.5" barrel is too short for a can since the bullet doesn't have enough room to stabilize. Was told to expect baffle strikes with the can. No to be deterred on my mission I called Rugged and they said they have no barrel length restrictions. Fine with me since their lifetime warranty is simple: "If for any reason you have an issue with a Rugged Suppressor product, we will repair or replace it free of charge. Even if you drop it from a mountain."

Sounds like I am covered.
Rock River Arms 4.5 inch 5.56.jpg
Rugged Razor 556.jpg

Be careful. 4.5" is really tiny. Your can is even more of a high-pressure compressor, really close to your face. I don't know that the Silencershop folks are as concerned about the suppressor as the other potential consequences.

Be careful. 4.5" is really tiny. Your can is even more of a high-pressure compressor, really close to your face. I don't know that the Silencershop folks are as concerned about the suppressor as the other potential consequences.
I can't find any real data on 5.56 4.5" barrel suppressed other than ballistics numbers. Can't find any use info other than for brakes, comps, flash hiders. I may be in relatively new territory.

I chose 5.56 because it is readily available and cheaper than .300 BLK. As long as I can ring steel at 50 yards with it I am gtg so ballistics aren't key.

Ordered these to mitigate blast as I wait for the can. It's a Krinkov design. Hopefully will provide enough back pressure to cycle with the Kynshot RB5005 5 oz. buffer I keep installed in my lower for suppressed uppers. The RRA micro AR upper is built to work with a carbine buffer so I may have to swap until the can arrives.
Spike's Tactical Barking Spider.jpg

I think you are in "new territory"😁😬. Just a suggestion- shoot a mag at 15 & 25 yards with the stock FH on there. If you see keyholing, I'd try a different weight bullet, or move up to a 7.5/10" barrel.

You may be fine, but anything spewing out of a can or back-brake 8" from your face is bad ju-ju.

I really like the Barking Spider, it works well with .22lrs to tame some of the crack. Most of the Krink guys say it works well on their platforms, but, again, you're 3-7" shorter than anyone I know. No offense...😜😁

I think you are in "new territory"😁😬. Just a suggestion- shoot a mag at 15 & 25 yards with the stock FH on there. If you see keyholing, I'd try a different weight bullet, or move up to a 7.5/10" barrel.

You may be fine, but anything spewing out of a can or back-brake 8" from your face is bad ju-ju.

I really like the Barking Spider, it works well with .22lrs to tame some of the crack. Most of the Krink guys say it works well on their platforms, but, again, you're 3-7" shorter than anyone I know. No offense...😜😁
I won't have the can for a while so will have time with the Spider, not too worried about it flying off or exploding. From what Rugged tech says and RRA tech says I don't think I have too much to be concerned about. I'm going to take it easy until I am sure I can try a few bursts of full auto. With the can I'll be looking for baffle strikes or other damage.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Wow, great warranty.
@OkieStubble I always buy from companies that warranty stupid (for reasons... :lol:). It is one of my criteria. So far I know of 4... Deadair, Silencerco, Texas Suppressors, and now Rugged. @HDSledge Wait times on an eFile Form 4 are currently 90 days.Wait... I mean 4 months. Er, I mean 6 months. No... I mean 8 months. I'm at 338 days on my first eFile (due to a citizenship glitch with the Full Auto software) and 164 days on my second. Apprently the rumor is that the AFT is working on stuff from the March/April time frame now but the paper filers threw a fit that they we getting the red headed step-child treatment (which is a fair gripe) so everything is in flux. I'm at the "as long as I get them someday" stage.

Top Bottom