What's new

Can't be smellin' like anything

I do appreciate that when there's that lady with the HOLY PERFUME thing goin', that they do enforce the rule a bit, but then they take offence when I point out some ones 'I haven't showered this week' body odor! It's a scent too, and one that should NOT be in the work place.

That's the official policy at my office, though I'm not big on scents do it doesn't really letter much. I use Nivea sensitive blam AS which is very mild and dissipates almost immediately. I also use adove AS balm. It's got a little scent but not much.

Ya, they tried that where I used to work, (I'm now retired). It was o.k. for the very people who were doing the complaining to come back inside from the smoke pit (allergies and very sensitive remember) wafting noxious clouds of stench in their wake, and proceed to sit at their desks (not in the designated lunch room) amongst everyone else on the work floor and open take-out bags of reeking McD's. If you stop bathing for a few days to a week or so, the scent Nazis back off pretty quick.

Hmm. I guess Arko and the Veg are disqualified.

I had a pretty good round with Mike's unscented.

And I find the unscented soap from The Shave Den to be excellent.

Mike's is pretty much my favorite performer, so maybe I'll get an unscented puck just to have it around. I shave my head every few days, and haven't enjoyed creams and vegan soaps on the ole melon.

They sound pretty strict. I'll be in close proximity to patients in a radiology department, so it's understandable that a patient shouldn't be subjected to smoke, fragrances, or BO by the person who's aiming radiation at them during what may well be the crappiest part of their day. I feel you guys on the office setting though... It sucks that a couple people have to ruin it for everyone else by bathing in Drakkar or Green Irish Tweed.

Captains Choice Lime is one of my favorite aftershaves. Gives you an amazing face feel and lets you revel in the scent of fresh squeezed limes for about 15 minutes...then disappears completely.

I don't work in this kind of environment, but, my biggest problem would be the deodorant. Saw that Dove have some unscented ones, you can also find from other brands, so it would be a good idea to give them a try if you have the possibility.
Also, you can try using alum block as deodorant. Some people do. I would close the pores (i know it's not an medically correct term) and it will stop some of the sweat.

Now, i might be scent "insensitive" a little, as i am a smoker too, but i did not find soaps that would provide too much scent after i'm done shaving. I still get smells after using Nivea regular cream and Tabac. But not too powerful. For example, i can't feel the smell of Proraso green after i'm done shaving.

The problem is the aftershave. Popular ones like Floid or Old Spice project pretty well and they last pretty much too. So try looking at Witch Hazel ones, or simply other after shaves where their smells don't last too long. I have one of those and i use it often. In my country it's like the cheapest after shave you can buy, but it does a great job. Also, Nivea Balm is pretty un-smelling. It's having a scent, but it won't last. You can also try dilute some after shaves by using alcohol and water. This should do the trick too.

More simple, if you are already using some kind of astringent, as alum block, you can try using an alcohol and water solution as aftershave. This might be actually better, as you can dilute more than most aftershaves do. They usually use high alcohol concentration so they will be able dilute the oils. You can go 50/50 solution and it would do the job pretty well, with less stinging.

Ha Ha!!!, scent free workplace!!!, only in the land of the "free"!!!!:lol:

Some people do have allergies to some scents, some things bother me not others, but the flight I took once where the lady next to me was trying out what she bought at Duty Free was pretty awful.

Esp if you are say a doctor or dentist where you are more or less in other people's personal space a lot It makes sense

Top Bottom