What's new

Canned shaving foam with attached brush.

1716317383375.png

As far as I know this has not been mentioned and on B&B.

My wife brought this home. Saying I got shaving stuff for you. I cringed at the thought of what she bought me because I have way too much shaving stuff already. She doesn’t really know what I like and what I have.

When she showed me, I thought this was good. Good for a laugh. The shaving brush is zip tied to the shaving cream can. It also appears to be a cheap synthetic brush knot stuck on a plastic thingy. (This is a technical term). I looked it up and this product was in shark tank.

I guess you are supposed to rub it around your whiskers as you dispense the foam.

I've put Barbasol in a bowl and applied it with a brush before.

Looking at their website, the brush just attaches to a shave cream can. I guess it's one of those products like they advertise on late night TV, where people have so much trouble doing everyday tasks, BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

brucered

System Generated
AoS made one back in the 2010's. You added cream to it and it rotated the knot head for you because using a shave brush is super difficult and technical.

View attachment 1849981
As far as I know this has not been mentioned and on B&B.

My wife brought this home. Saying I got shaving stuff for you. I cringed at the thought of what she bought me because I have way too much shaving stuff already. She doesn’t really know what I like and what I have.

When she showed me, I thought this was good. Good for a laugh. The shaving brush is zip tied to the shaving cream can. It also appears to be a cheap synthetic brush knot stuck on a plastic thingy. (This is a technical term). I looked it up and this product was in shark tank.

I guess you are supposed to rub it around your whiskers as you dispense the foam.

The cynic 🤨 in me thinks what a clever method to combine the worst of canned products (inferior lather) with the worst of traditional lathering (the need to clean the shaving brush after the shave) this is. If someone likes ergonomic shaving brush handles, like me, this is about as far from “ergonomic” as it gets. Can you imagine flicking this contraption out of the wrist while lathering, like a real shaving brush?

I don’t even think it’s a new idea or product. I recall seeing an image of a contraption like this a few years back; it even might have been the same brand. It was briefly discussed on one of the shaving forums and then deservedly drifted out of sight and out of mind.

In short, a solution for a problem that doesn’t exist.

My wife sometimes picks up something that given a choice I would never have bought, but where she thinks I might like it. The thought that she thinks of me and accepts (tolerates?) my various hobbies brings me joy and I thank her profusely for thinking of me, try the product maybe once and if I don’t care for it discreetly move it out of the way, to dispose of it at a suitable time (when she no longer remembers that she bought it for me).

With a men’s hobby like shaving, it is not easy for a woman to choose entirely on her own items that make a shaver truly happy.

B.

Last edited:
Hi,

There was once a similar Gillette product. Brush Plus. This was a canister of goo with a knob on the bottom and you lifted a small dab of goo up thru a rubber tube onto the brush. It worked well. I got one initially as a travel kit item.

This was the era where normal shaving stuff - DE razors and blades, brushes and hard soap - were No Longer Available from anywhere. This was the era prior to online buying. Old Spice was gone, Palmolive was gone, etc. So, I began putting the end of the goo when the canister was almost out into Ye Olde Old Spice mug. It would dry while I was on my next 2-3 week trip. Made for a decent hard soap.

Eventually, though, Gillette quit making the system including canisters of goo. By then, artisan soap was becoming fairly easy to find. So, I forgot all about Brush Plus and went to carrying some artisan soap in a small container in the travel kit.

Stan

So how does it work?

You have to try it because your wife will eventually ask you how you liked it.😊
Actually it was tossed out. My wife knew I was going to post about and get a couple of laughs from it. My daughter said the balm smelled like playdough. I smelled like a woody scent to me. My wife acquired it at goodwill for a couple of bucks and hopefully those dollars will go to good use.

Actually it was tossed out. My wife knew I was going to post about and get a couple of laughs from it. My daughter said the balm smelled like playdough. I smelled like a woody scent to me. My wife acquired it at goodwill for a couple of bucks and hopefully those dollars will go to good use.

Your wife has a good sense of humor!😂

This kinda makes me think about when the Onion was still funny and did a skit about Ihand. A hand you could hold to use your mobile device.
Nevermind, I'll see myself out...

Top Bottom