What's new

Canada Poor Service (or How to melt down after a purchase)

Spent $200 big ones on a naniwa combination stone. It was two thin stones poorly misaligned and glued together. When I received it, it had scratch marks all over it, deep ones.Also had metal embedded in it like somebody tried to sharpen a knife on it and not a razor. It had been used and re packaged. It was severely overpriced as I can get two separate stones of double thickness for the same price that would last me way longer. They played stupid like they could not understand the concept and berated me that they would be checking the stone for any use??? when it came used??? They would not even give my money back because they knew i was going to spend it on their competitor who was not ripping people off. They only offered instore credit. What kind of business acts like this??????? They could not understand in plain english that I could buy two 1 inch thick stones for the same price as their 1 cm stones glued together. Essentially I got half the stone I could of gotten somewhere else. For the same price. The cherry on top was the poor condition of the product that arrived. They is greedy and has poor ethics. Would not recommend these scam artists to any wet shaver.
*edit I think I posted this in the wrong place.... If this post needs to be removed please tell me where to post it. I apologize in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said in your other thread: within 60 days they give a full refund. Over 60 days but less than 1 year you get a store credit. I don't know your situation, only their rules.

I have been ordering from them for 15 years without problems, but I sympathize when problems do arise.

Ordering anything online is always risky, I mostly avoid. Shaving products is the main exception, as these products are hard to find in stores. Otherwise I am more comfortable ordering from the webstores of brick-and-mortar stores.

Reactions: Kix
Like I said in your other thread: within 60 days they give a full refund. Over 60 days but less than 1 year you get a store credit. I don't know your situation, only their rules.
I don't want in store credit I want my money back. They said they would only give me in store credit. Like I said.Why would I want to reach out to them again. The last person could not even comprehend what I was telling them. The audacity to sell me a used product with poor quality control. Not offer me my money back only in store credit, then make me pay return shipping. Abysmal. I am going to write review everywhere that I can. I wish the post could be made in the main section so more people can see it.

I have been ordering from them for 15 years without problems, but I sympathize when problems do arise.

Ordering anything online is always risky, I mostly avoid. Shaving products is the main exception, as these products are hard to find in stores. Otherwise I am more comfortable ordering from the webstores of brick-and-mortar stores.
I guess they pick and choose who they abuse.

Everyone goofs, and big business does it more than one people operation. Fixing problem, is what should be done. Actions speak lounder then promises.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Spent $200 big ones on a naniwa combination stone. It was two thin stones poorly misaligned and glued together. When I received it, it had scratch marks all over it, deep ones.Also had metal embedded in it like somebody tried to sharpen a knife on it and not a razor. It had been used and re packaged. It was severely overpriced as I can get two separate stones of double thickness for the same price that would last me way longer. They played stupid like they could not understand the concept and berated me that they would be checking the stone for any use??? when it came used??? They would not even give my money back because they knew i was going to spend it on their competitor who was not ripping people off. They only offered instore credit. What kind of business acts like this??????? They could not understand in plain english that I could buy two 1 inch thick stones for the same price as their 1 cm stones glued together. Essentially I got half the stone I could of gotten somewhere else. For the same price. The cherry on top was the poor condition of the product that arrived. They is greedy and has poor ethics. Would not recommend these scam artists to any wet shaver.
*edit I think I posted this in the wrong place.... If this post needs to be removed please tell me where to post it. I apologize in advance.
Do you have any pictures of the damaged stone?

I'm not buying it. They have prices & policies in place, you need to know what they are before you purchase.

I've purchased from them in the past, no issues. They were always top notch.

Welcome to B&B though.

After my experience with the businesses and the people on the forums. I want to delete all my accounts and go into hiding and just learn on my own. Nasty people in the shaving game as well. Can I get a mod to perma ban my account please. I don't need this. The alignment is not terrible. Its usable. I already lapped it. Don't care if I get my money back at this point just looking to get away from the toxic cesspool that is wet shaving.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
After my experience with the businesses and the people on the forums. I want to delete all my accounts and go into hiding and just learn on my own. Nasty people in the shaving game as well. Can I get a mod to perma ban my account please. I don't need this. The alignment is not terrible. Its usable. I already lapped it. Don't care if I get my money back at this point just looking to get away from the toxic cesspool that is wet shaving.
That seems like a bit of an over reaction, but if that’s what you want we can make it happen.

I don't want my any version of my likeness on this website. I want to be banned permanently why is that so hard? Phil implied I want special treatment LOL I want to be banned.
I don't want to conversate with anybody or read any stupid remarks about what I may or may not want blah blah blah bann me for the love christ. I don't want to leave any trace I was here.

Top Bottom