What's new

Can I switch to DE after 25 years with an electric? One man's dilemma

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Five years later...six years in...still loving my DE shaves!

I gave up on the spreadsheet, but I kinda miss the data it provided.
I put my electric razor to rest last year when I took up DE shaving. I'm still exploring all of the different razors, blades, and soaps, that like you, I had no idea the variety existed.

I'm interested in setting up an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my razor and blade usage, but have extremely limited experience in doing that sort of thing. Would you have a template that you would like to share, or do you know of any existing templates that I can modify to suit?

Thanks, Doug

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
A few months ago was the first time I learned of a “second pass” or third for that matter. It was like a secret world of shaving I had stumbled upon. Since starting this journey a few months ago I have not skipped a day of shaving. Having sported a robust beard for decades, the novelty and fun I’m having is bizarre. I’m just going with it. Happy shaves!

The recent change...and it’s a big one...is that I’ve begun shaving my head. Four times since last Sunday. Humbling all over again.

After a grand total of about a dozen DE shaves, I've only just learned how to do a DFS face-shave without serious pain & injury. But head-shaving was easy from the get-go. I don't even need to use a mirror.

Maybe the short handle on my Merkur 985 open comb is better for head-shaving. I've almost always got a finger pushed up on the underside of the head - try that and see if it helps.

Top Bottom