What's new

Camera problem - advice -

Hi all,

I know there are quite a few photographers on the board so I thought I'd ask this question.

My niece has a Canon SD600 that is about a year old. The problem is this...the thing will not power on. She has tried 2 different batteries (both charged). I did a little bit of research and it seems to have a blown fuse.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate any help. Otherwise, I believe she will be needing a new camera. My niece is 19 and takes a lot of pictures so this is a bad situation for her :)

She is also a college student so money is not readily available so I'd like to help her out if possible.

Thanks.

Patrick

1. take it back to the placed it was purchased. see if they can help

2. contact canon. a list of places to call was included with the camera. hopefully it is still on warranty.

on another tack make certain that the battery and memory are inserted properly and seated.:blush:

I'd contact Canon. They will be able to tell you if there is anything that can be done. They might ask for the sales receipt showing the date of purchase if it is close to being a warranty item. (But really--- how many people could find it?)

My guess is that the SD600 is older than a year and probably out of warranty. I think the SD800 is the replacement model and I think began shipping in the fall of 2006.

You might wanna bring your cam to Canon's Service Centre and get their tech to check it out. Try not to open anything....you could end up with more complications. Normally, repairs comes with a few months warranty after that.

If the cost of repairing doesn't makes sense, then get a new cam.

Top Bottom