What's new

Calling all VINTAGE SIMPSONS - Hear Ye Hear Ye

How the heck did it get so shiny? Was it waxed? I'd love that kind of finish on my brush.

I don't think that brush had ever seen the light of day before. Truly a once in a lifetime find....unless you're Mark1966. How he finds these pristine gems, I don't know.

Hi this is my Simpson, small brush, Simpson 46 pure badger, still the original knot I believe?

If any member has more info on this brush please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 310
Thanks guys.

The AS2 was picked up from B/S/T here so not a find in the wild by me. The shiny finish is because it is barely used - lovely condition!

This Simpsons MF5 for Marshall Fields & Co. arrived earlier today. The Duke 3 and vintage 57 are there for size comparisons.
View attachment 538326View attachment 538327

I'm thinking this one might need a reknot. It lathered fine in a quick test lather, but it seems to be shedding a bit. The original knot is Best.

$20150116_195936.jpg
$20150116_195957.jpg

Finally snagged up a vintage simpson a.s.2.a even though i was aiming for a ch1 lol but anyone got any info on this. Says its made especially for hudsons. Also is the color very faded or suppose to be like this.

Last edited:

Does anyone recognize this Simpsons?

This arrived today from Canada.

Boar bristle (needs a new knot in all likelihood).

Faint remnants of either end of the Simpsons decal remain.

Stamped:
"D1
Pure Bristle"

Clearly not a Duke. But, what is it???

Anybody out there seen one like this or perhaps even own one?

Read more at http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...e-recognize-this-Simpsons#f03lHtLPOHrC80Pr.99

Look anything like this one?

Gents, I received this as part of a bundle of items. Looks like a Simpson. It is marked:
D1, Pure Bristle, Made in England, Sterilized
Dimensions are, Knot 20mm x 48mm Boar, Handle 34mm x 45mm
Is there any value in restoring this guy?

View attachment 531478

View attachment 531479

Scotty B, that would be affirmative, as in your brush and mine are identical but for yours being in better condition.

I'm curious what you ended up doing with yours. Did you restore it? It looks as if your knot might have been useable. Mine has shed enough that I doubt it will be much in the luxury lathering department.

Thanks for the links and your reply!

Scotty B, that would be affirmative, as in your brush and mine are identical but for yours being in better condition.

I'm curious what you ended up doing with yours. Did you restore it? It looks as if your knot might have been useable. Mine has shed enough that I doubt it will be much in the luxury lathering department.

Thanks for the links and your reply!

Unfortunately I don't have anymore info than you do as to the origin of this brush. I did transplant an Omega boar knot into it, but just traded it away for an Aristocrat Jr

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423080715.202446.jpg

Top Bottom