What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

Nice, congratulations! Now you will need to think about a grinder... unless the name actually means the Barista doesn't touch!?(all-in-one) :lol:
Haha thanks! I think you’d call it a semi-auto machine. Has a built in grinder but I control the tamp. Each step (grinding, pulling the shot, milk frothing) can be done automatically according to the machine or custom presets, or controlled manually. The auto milk frothing ability was what sold me on the Touch model over the Express or Pro. It’s just easy to have that option. Will likely primarily use the built in grinder though I also have a K-Max manual grinder from 1Zpresso :302:

9CDADEEF-C477-4AED-9B39-31109348A839.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hello everyone! The last couple of months, I have ordered just the bare minimum of coffee, which has lead me to run out of coffee both months. ( This Ends Now ) Starting this month, I have ordered plenty of coffee this time, and I wanted to share with you all, what I ordered.

2 2.2 Pound bags of LaVazza Espresso
one time quick order.
1685748011885.png

2 12-oz bags of Bones Army Of Dark Chocolate
on subscription service.
proxy.php

1 5-LB bag of Klatch Diamond Reserve
one time order.
Screenshot from 2023-06-02 16-23-51.png

Yep, I think I am going to have plenty of coffee this time around WOOHOO :thumbup:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

proxy.php

If you recall, I wasn't a big fan of the LaVazza Crema E Aroma coffee, as it was blended with high amounts of Robusta, made a lot of crema foam in the coffee filter that made a mess, and I wasn't happy with the flavor. Now that I got to try out this new coffee, the LaVazza Italiano Espresso, which is made of 100% Arabica, I much prefer the flavor of it.

And as an added plus, it doesn't make a mess in my filter basket. The LaVazza Crema E Aroma coffee had high levels of retention, it stuck to everything, just adding to the mess. The LaVazza Italiano Espresso doesn't seem to have high levels of retention, which makes cleaning the grinder a breeze, making my job easier to manage the coffee.

Additionally, I also felt that it was easier to grind, the coffee is softer, so its a lot less work with an hand grinder. Its classified as a medium roast, but has the flavor of a dark roast, and its strong! LaVazza Italiano Espresso gets my pass of approval. Its still not as good as specialty coffee. But for store bought, this is probably the best your gonna get. 🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Hello everyone, I have a coffee bar update for you all!

The only bad thing about making coffee, is coffee spills are inevitable. Coffee stains just look so gross on brighter surfaces. And since I can't be bothered to wash that blanket because I am lazy, I decided to just replace the surface entirely. I decided to get another product from the LTT store, this time I got their Circuit desk mat. You can buy their mats in many different sizes, and use their desk configurator tool, to match up the size you need, and see how it looks on the surface.

Here's what it looks like with just my brewer, lamp, and fan on the mat...
proxy.php

And here's what my coffee bar looks like completely setup and ready to go!
proxy.php

And yes, I did brew myself some coffee right after setting this up, cause why not? The mat is real nice folks, it feels so soft, looks amazing, nice rubber gripping bottom, and it didn't retain its rounded up shape it came in, from when it was in the package, it immediately laid flat for me. I'm hoping that this mat makes cleanup easy with a simple wipe from a damp cloth too. I love it! 😍

Also, while I may not need to tamp my grounds, as I am not brewing espresso coffee, I find it difficult to even out the grounds in the filter basket, simply by using rotational centrifugal force. So I got this really nice WDT tool, that seems to be made well. And its already paid for itself, as I've used it multiple times, and it evens out the grounds in my filter basket, perfectly every time!

proxy.php
proxy.php

I also ordered one of these, but I didn't realize that it was coming from China on my Amazon order, so it won't be delivered till July it looks like, so ridiculous! So I will just share the product image, cause I can't wait to share with you all till next month.

1687303196149.png

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

While it took some time to get here, it finally got here intact, and got here before July. So I now have a much better coffee bean measuring and distribution pouring device.

proxy.php

I've been busy this week, and still got a lot more work to do, so no time for COTD posts, I just had a chance to post this real quick.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

A new water bottle and

full

a 40 pack of steeped coffee for my Father!

Lovely water bottle, and lovely new coffee acquisitions buddy, I approve! I also love seeing your Barista Encore in the background, its waiting to grind some new beans, yessir! 😍

___________________________________________________________________________________

OK everyone, I am excited for this months coffee acquisitions, because I am getting a new coffee this month! Arn't you excited? I know I'm excited! And I'm excited that your excited too! :letterk1:

Good Brother's Neapolitan Blend Dark Chocolate Espresso!
1691067517397.png

This is an 80% Arabica and 20% Robusta blend coffee. Dark
roast profile, creamy chocolate suitable for espresso or drip.
Ideal for milk based drinks such as latte's. It is not over roasted
like some other's out there, and they drop these beans as soon
as they reach 2nd crack. I ordered 4-pounds of this coffee & I
got a 15% discount on this, and its an affordable coffee, so I
got quite a good deal on it!

Everybody knows about the other coffee that I drink. But I will restate it anyways for the newcomers. ;)

32-Ounces of Bones Army Of Dark Chocolate on subscription
proxy.php

And I ordered 4-Pounds of the Stirling Kenya Espresso
proxy.php

So excited, so excited, coffee for all united, delicious flavors, I'm so delighted. 😋

Top Bottom