What's new

C-Mon Hand Made 5/8ths Restore

I got this as an ebay special along with a Blackie case and rusted Wedgeway. The Handmade was rusted, slightly pitted, with loose pins and a poorly fitting wedge.

Before:
proxy.php

proxy.php

A bit of flap wheeling to level out the pits, a small amount of hand sanding, some buffing with my cutting polish, some green steel rouge, a final coat with Maas. The scales I sanded with some 800 grit, reshaped the wedge with a file and polished all the flastic with some PlastX polish. More pictures to follow but my camera battery died so I got one snapshot. I could have made some replacement wood scales for it but I actually try to keep it as stock as possible if the scales aren't broken.

After:
proxy.php

Beautiful, beautiful work. Just out of curiosity, about how long did it take you to do this?
Again, beautiful.

Lee

Beautiful, beautiful work. Just out of curiosity, about how long did it take you to do this?
Lee

Thank you. It depends on which one you are talking about and if you consider down time as work time.

The hand made took about 45 minutes of work done over a 3 hour period.
The wedgeway took about 3 hours of work done over a 6 hour period.

To be fair it's less about the time of the work and more about some of the tools and processes I use.

AaronX;

It is amazing to see what can be done with some time, patience and knowhow. One man's throwaway is another's treasure. I think I'll look a little closer at some of those throwaways from now on. Unfortunately, I have neither the tools, skill or knowhow. Thank you for sharing your work.

Lee

PS- it's the Handmade that really caught my eye. 45 minutes, ummm.

Top Bottom