What's new

C&E Sandalwood

Is there anyone that uses C&E Sandalwood cream (the variety from the tube) often or exclusively? I just picked up a sample and have used it twice now. I have to say that it lacks something. When I use my Taylor's Lavender the razor glides smoothly over every part of my face. When I have tried C&E's cream, I have a hard time getting that glide. At first I thought it was because of an old blade, which I promptly replaced this morning. Regardless of the new blade, I still didn't get the smooth glide while shaving which makes it very difficult to shave. Is there something I'm missing with this particular cream? Do I need to use more cream? Or maybe more water?

I've found C&E creams require a higher cream/water ratio. i.e. more cream. When you get it right, it glides with the best of them.

I have heard that the cream in a tub lathers much better than that in a tube. I tried Nomad in a tube and was not pleased/satisfied with the resulting lather. I have yet to try a tub.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Kyle said:
I have heard that the cream in a tub lathers much better than that in a tube. I tried Nomad in a tube and was not pleased/satisfied with the resulting lather. I have yet to try a tub.

Why don't you just empty your tube into a tub?:jump: :jump: :jump:

In constrast to their creams, I like the C&E soaps. They work well on my face, almost as lubricating as a good British cream. But their creams just don't do it for me. Blame it on the water I guess. - Justin

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Grasshopper, what is the sound of one hand shaving?
Wait- nevermind.

jfm said:
In constrast to their creams, I like the C&E soaps. They work well on my face, almost as lubricating as a good British cream. But their creams just don't do it for me. Blame it on the water I guess. - Justin

Their soaps and creams work real well for me.

I use the C&E sandalwood from a tube quite often. For the best results I use a little more of it than I would with some other creams. Just because the lather LOOKS good does not mean it is. This is less true of some of their other creams, for instance their almond. If you want to be spoiled by a C&E product give the sweet almond oil cream a shot. I would put it up against anything Taylor makes. The soap version is also very very good.
I also often lather straight onto my face, so the water ratio pretty much takes care of itself; in a bowl it is a little more hit or miss. (the Sandalwood, that is.)
As with anything,
YMMV
John P.

JohnP said:
I use the C&E sandalwood from a tube quite often. For the best results I use a little more of it than I would with some other creams. Just because the lather LOOKS good does not mean it is. This is less true of some of their other creams, for instance their almond. If you want to be spoiled by a C&E product give the sweet almond oil cream a shot. I would put it up against anything Taylor makes. The soap version is also very very good.
I also often lather straight onto my face, so the water ratio pretty much takes care of itself; in a bowl it is a little more hit or miss. (the Sandalwood, that is.)
As with anything,
YMMV
John P.

Words of wisdom from JohnP. I agree.

I use the Sandalwood (in the tube), and I would agree that it does not shave as well as some of the other high-end creams out there. It isn't a huge difference, though. It produces a lighter lather than Taylor's, etc.

I happen to like the CE almond better than my Taylor Sandalwood. As those are the only two creams I own, its hard for me to make any other comparison.

The CE makes a better, more slippery lather for me.

Recently picked up a tube of Sandalwood and have only used it a few times. The lather has been "foamy" for me which required repeat lather/passes. Will continue to experiment with more cream and less water.

Top Bottom