What's new

buying my first safety razor

i'm going to buy a parker 71r this week this would be my first safety razor i ever bought. i was told it was a good razor and good for beginners and it's cheap which is a BIG + right now. any suggestions on what would be a good razor blade to use with this? also are the cvs blades any good?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
CVS blades will do fine, they work well, but are not the top of the line stuff by any means.
You should do yourself a favor and order a blade sampler pack from Westcoastshaving.
Blades are a thing that varies person to person and face to face.
What works for me may not work for you, and vice versa.
Good luck, and keep us posted on how you do.

I wish you woulda hollered at me a couple days ago, I didn't know you were in need of a razor.
I sold a flair tip Super Speed saturday but I woulda gave it to a fellow B&B Member from my neighbouring county!
As to the CVS blades, they are the SAME Personna blades that you can get at Freds or Family Dollar much cheaper :wink: I shaved with 'em for years with no problems.
Wp

I like those blades. They cut fair but I like the dispenser they come in. All blades should come in such a handy little item.

I haven't tried the CVS blades, but if they are like the WM Personnas, then I will stay away from them. The WM blades were murder on my face.

Top Bottom