What's new

Buying Feathers on Amazon

I got a sampler pack of blades today and the first blade I used was a Feather blade. Great blade with a clean shave. I see they are a well regarded blade but upon reading reviews on Amazon, some people claim they get bad batches. Are these people OCD or are there bad batches being sold on Amazon. Is Amazon a solid retailer to buy blades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon is sort of like a matchmaker, except for selling things. Feather blades are sold through multiple different storefronts by different vendors. Feather has good QC from what I hear though.

Your question needs to be unpacked a bit:

1) Are these people OCD or are there bad batches? -> Probably a variant of OCD known as BPP (Blade Purchase Paranoia).

2) Is Amazon a solid retailer to buy blades? -> For the most part, it's fine. They do experience some BPP over there (see above) leading to doubts about Amazon. I am reminded of the Great Astra Scare of 2018, in which a few Astra buyers on Amazon noted in their reviews that the blades were counterfeits because they didn't have the old black-printed labels, which led to dozens more reviews expressing absolute certainty that these were horrible Chinese fakes that left their skin raw and bloody. When in fact, Gillette had, simply, switched to laser printing.

Amazon is not a great place to buy blades, because you don't usually know who the vendor is. On eBay there are vendors with thousands of feedback and you can see exactly who you're dealing with; some of them have been there for years and years, are blade experts, and would never screw a customer. Also, the prices are generally better on eBay.

Some blades are fine to buy on Amazon. I would include Astras and Feathers in that camp. For most others, the bay. Sellers like razorbladeclub in Sweden (no affiliation here) and others have any blade you could think of, at very reasonable prices, often far lower than Amazon. But actually, Feather prices on Amazon are pretty good.

Last edited:
I was checking out feathers for sale. It looks like Amazon does have some of the best prices on feathers I've seen and quick shipping. I don't see any point in myself looking much farther.

Top Bottom