What's new

Butterscotch Re-Knot Re-store

Hey Gents,
Just finished my first restore. It is a Klenzo 985 fitted with a 20mm/65 pure badger knot from Whipped Dog Straights. Sorry, but I didn't take any before pictures and realized it while the glue was drying:thumbdown
When I drilled out the old knot I didn't go quite far enough but made just a tiny hole in the bottom of the old knot and saw that I had to go further (didn't know exactly what I would find in there). Once I saw the color of the handle though, I knew I wasn't done. Finely, and I do mean finely, after I got all the old crap out of it, I polished the handle a little and used 5 minute epoxy to glue the new knot in. Sorry about the picture, I'm learning how to do that too!

That looks like a nice little brush. Nice work! I just finished up my first couple restoration projects and I'm trying to figure out which hair I like best so that I can put it in some nice butterscotch handles. I'll be curios to hear what you think of the grade of hair, especially if you're able to compare it to others.

Nice work Eric, that turned out well.

I think I did a Klenzo butterscotch as about my 7th restore and yours looks a lot nicer.
I was afraid that I was going to ruin it with my clumsiness and inexperience so I waited until I had a few under my belt, so to speak.

You're a brave man to tackle a butterscotch as your 1st. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom