Votes: 35 36.8%
  • I don't eat butter

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I only eat butter wannabe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Margarine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would keep and use both, except I like cultured butter and I seem to find it only in salted (sea salt) versions. I would use unsalted in recipes, salted as a spread, for the same reason others have given.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I like pure unadulterated butter. Grass fed is my choice. From time to time I'll buy the Falfurrias butter made in Deep South Texas.

Good stuff. I always get that if I am down in The Valley.

Unsalted for me. I can always put some in, but I can't easily take some out.

I use Kerrygold Unsalted most of the time. If I buy from Costco, I buy their Salted. The salted can be kept in a cool, sealed container on the shelf near the stove, but cool enough to store it there. The unsalted is kept in both the fridge and freezer. Kerrygold is heads and tails better than the Challenger I used to buy.

Cook with unsalted

Spread salted

Only Kerrygold is used. By far the finest taste I have come across

`

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
From a recently uncovered dossier from The Salted Butter Institute:

Top secret memo.
Not for outside disclosure.

Official procedure for preparing and distributing salted butter-
1) take crappy butter
2) add salt
3) sell to unsuspecting consumer

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I've been buying this one:
20200623_113621.jpg

From a recently uncovered dossier from The Salted Butter Institute:

Top secret memo.
Not for outside disclosure.

Official procedure for preparing and distributing salted butter-
1) take crappy butter
2) add salt
3) sell to unsuspecting consumer

Exactly.

Well, la di dah!

I grew up with that one, plus the injunction “Eat to live, don’t live to eat.” So I try to suppress expessions of my superior aesthetic feelings, especially in the food realm. Proud member of The Clean Plate Club!

I think that’s enough virtue signaling for one post. Back to unabashed shave hedonism!!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Unsalted only. Always. For everything.

And we only use Kerrygold. My wife is Irish, she says we're supporting the homeland. Hmph.

i only use unsalted for baking. everything else salted, and grass fed if possible at all times. grocery outlet tends to sell a variety of grass fed at a discount and i stock up when they have it in.

Salted. It’s what I grew up with. Kerrygold or the like. Most of the European butters are good. The Plugra pictured above is good. The Amish rolled butter is not bad at all. Big 2 lb log.

Top Bottom