What's new

Busted!

So I'm in the bathroom (not shaving) and the War Department aka wifey notices 3 razors in the little caddy I have.
proxy.php

She says, "Why do you have three razors?" Keep in mind I'm about 3 months into DE shaving after using carts for 40 years.
"Well, they are each different, some are more aggressive than others", I say.
Silence. Usually not a good sign.
Then she drops the subject and moves on.
Good thing she didn't look under the sink and find the three stashed there.
Yes, AD has set in. I'm seriously considering the 2014 sabbatical.
Not really :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, get rid of/hide the SB razor. As you have 2 OC razors there, I suspect the SB will not get much use anymore :biggrin1:

Well, get rid of/hide the SB razor. As you have 2 OC razors there, I suspect the SB will not get much use anymore :biggrin1:
One of the others she didn't see is another OC...then there's the slim adjustable Krona's replating ...

Just go in and look at all her shoes. :);)
Ya, no kidding...but, you see, the way The War Department will look at it, is she has ALWAYS had lots of shoes (they came with "the package"), and this is brand NEW behavior on my part LOL.

Mine are all in plain view. QVC has been coming to the house more frequently. I could not sleep last night so I got up a little before 4:00am and the wife was watching television while opening the latest QVC package that came yesterday. How much is a stainless steel watch? I didn't ask, I know better.:biggrin1:

It's the thought of conversations like these that are holding me back! Interestingly though, my wife was so interested in my DE shaving that she picked up a razor herself for her legs, and is really enjoying it. After I tried hers (a Merkur 23c) and liked it vs. my Gillette black handled SuperSpeed, she asked if I would like a Merkur of my own. I said yes, but what I didn't say is that I wanted the full Merkur lineup, plus an Ikon, a few more SuperSpeeds, etc., etc. :)

Just go in and look at all her shoes. :);)

I would recommend again this. SWMBOs are the only one's skilled enough in domestic warfare to actually make something like that work to their benefit. When guys do it, no one wins... well... except SWMBO.

It's the thought of conversations like these that are holding me back! Interestingly though, my wife was so interested in my DE shaving that she picked up a razor herself for her legs, and is really enjoying it. After I tried hers (a Merkur 23c) and liked it vs. my Gillette black handled SuperSpeed, she asked if I would like a Merkur of my own. I said yes, but what I didn't say is that I wanted the full Merkur lineup, plus an Ikon, a few more SuperSpeeds, etc., etc. :)

Sounds like you've got a great start! Just wait till she tries a vintage razor... like a Krona or Milady.

I've only been shaving with a de for a month and I have 8 razors and I asked for 2 more for xmas. My wife asked me why I needed so many razors? I responded like a junkie, " Leave me alone I'm not hurting anyone". When it was all said and done we ended up buying a new sink from IKEA and now I have a awesome amount of shaving storage.

P.S. We're getting the mirror cabinets next month. Those things and huge. I will have a truly incredible shaving den when this is all said and done. Plus a good looking bathroom finally.

My wife usually just laughs, shakes her head and swears that I am insane. On those rare occasions when she actually says or asks something, I just point out that it's a cheap hobby and that each of my razors costs way less than a pair of women's shoes or a pocket book... :001_cool: and that usually ends the conversation.

I read somewhere that when you buy a new razor, buy something or do something for your SWMBO (neck rubs, massages, cooking, cleaning, et cetera). Essentially, you're positively reinforcing your wetshaving shopping behavior. Sounded like a good idea to me!

If she complains about a razor stash, tell her fine and switch to watch collecting. Start with just 3, a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin in gold, a Rolex Submariner with date and a Breitling Chronomat 44 GMT. You will be back to razors in no time - with her blessing.

I read somewhere that when you buy a new razor, buy something or do something for your SWMBO (neck rubs, massages, cooking, cleaning, et cetera). Essentially, you're positively reinforcing your wetshaving shopping behavior. Sounded like a good idea to me!

Exactly.

Just buy her a nice, somewhat equal-valued gift, no note, nothing.
She is quite observant, so she will understand.
Trust me. I (still) have gray hair.

For a real world example, see here.

ps...is that her in your avatar?!

Top Bottom