What's new

Business Meetings, Junk Shops and Razors…

Today I had to drive up to the NW corner of the state (out in the sticks) to pay a visit to one of our prospective vendors. After a rather boring and unimpressive visit at this little company I headed back to my office and decided to stop off for a bite of lunch at some little hole in the wall joint.
I was chattering with the waitress and asked if there might be a junk shop in the area. As luck would have it, right around the corner there was a classic junk dump (I mean town dump kind junk)shop.
Well I wadded though boxes and case for about 25 minutes when I came across this beauty only it wasn’t so sweet when I picked it up. I handed the old women a five and headed down the road. I got home, kissed the wife and went right to work cleaning my new find. After I got through all the crud I found this beautiful shinny Bostonian.

I think I might just let that company bid on a contract after all!!!! :biggrin:

I may just have to drive up there tomorrow when I have more time and some old ratty clothes on and see what else I can turn up.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
What a beauty! Did you take any pictures of what it looked like before you cleaned it up.:smile:

Swap ya for an article on Lean Manufacturing?

Cheers

Jeremy

Um Sure...Do you know anyone that knows what there talking about other than just writing? :wink2:

How long did it take you to clean it up?

I spent about 45 minutes scrubbing and shinning....

I should have taken a couple before shots but I always forget to...way to excited to see what's under the crud..:blushing:

That's a mighty fine looking razor. You give hope to all of us junk hounds that we may eventually find a homerun like that in a quiet little corner of the world for $5.

Be sure to let us know how it shaves!

I have an uncased New Improved razor that looks like that, only not quite as shiny (still too shiny for me to want to shave with it). Nice to know I can call it a Bostonian.

I've shaved with a gold or brass New Improved razor, and it's a very good shaver. They're very heavy razors and just about my current favorites, both aesthetically and shave-wise.

That was a nice find. I spent yesterday hitting the local shops looking but only came up with an old GEM Micromatic and some vintage magazine ads for Gillette and Schick.

Top Bottom