What's new

Business Insider - The best shaving soap you can buy

Just highlighting this article. While I might imagine that their field-of-view was a little narrow they arguably give some good advice:
The best shaving soap you can buy

From the article:
Here are our top picks for the best shaving soap:
  • Best overall: Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap
  • Best hard puck: D.R. Harris shaving soap
  • Best soft cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving soap
  • Best for sensitive skin: Proraso shaving soap
  • Best for traveling: Arko shaving soap

It’s a great non-artisan list. It’s like when I started wet shaving. I googled “best aftershaves.” Brought me to several articles that highlighted only store bought brands.

I did not read the article but from the list I don't think anyone could go wrong picking up any of those products.

They are ones that I've recommended in the past and easily to find.

Interesting, close to my favourite soaps/creams.

• Best overall: Tabac shaving soap
  • Best hard puck: GFT shaving soap

It’s a great non-artisan list. It’s like when I started wet shaving. I googled “best aftershaves.” Brought me to several articles that highlighted only store bought brands.
That was my thought, Artisans we love aren't even on their radar

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
None of my favorites made the list, but these are solid choices. Esquire Magazine occasionally ventures into a list from non-experts and generally has the same result: might not please the enthusiast, but solid choices.

Not bad choices and my usual cream, TOBS, is on there. :) But I do have to wonder if their noses work if they are calling Arko unscented. :-D

I can understand here why they choice the traditional soaps here because the typical reader isn't likely to want to go hunt down the best artisan soaps and creams on line only to find out that they are almost impossible to obtain. The brands they have are often available at local B&M stores or readily available from popular sites like Amazon etc.

Also, we all know how divisive some of the top artisan scents and performance are so pointing people to products that have endured and are new shaver friendly is going to be easier for them to write for.

Even if you are not including artisans, where are established favorites like Boellis or Cella? The author probably spent all of 10 minutes researching and writing.

Interesting, close to my favourite soaps/creams.

• Best overall: Tabac shaving soap
  • Best hard puck: GFT shaving soap
Which formula?

Thanks for sharing. While these soaps aren't my favorite, they are solid choices. At least shaving soaps are getting a little PR.

Top Bottom