What's new

INFO! BST Guidelines update

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Continuous problems with the BST has required an update to the Guidelines.

Thx for the update. What changed?

I assumed that it was the text in red, which may not be visible to some colour blindness. I've italicised the text here:

• For buyer protection payment must be made using PayPal Goods and Services only. Any seller requesting "Friends and Family" or other payments are violating the forum rules and should be reported.
  • Do not ask potential buyers to calculate fee offsets, the price posted should be all inclusive. PayPal forbids sellers from charging buyers their selling fees.
  • On topic discussion is encouraged. Seller response to value comments is discouraged. Repeating the same comments voiced by others is discouraged.
  • The BST is not to be used as a storefront as determined at moderator discretion
  • Posting a BST ad that is not in compliance with these guidelines will result in the thread being deleted. The member must wait two weeks till he is able to post there again. Repeated posting of BST threads that are not in compliance will result in a ban from the BST area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't aware of the "text in red indicates what has been updated since the last guidelines were posted" convention. I just thought it was emphasized for whatever reason. Thanks.

The BST forum requirements are for the protection of both buyers and sellers. I have had a number of great interactions with other B&B members using the BST. Hats off to the moderators for their oversight and making B&B (and the BST) great!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If members could also read the following guidelines very closely it will make it a lot easier for ALL;

• Sales and Trades are limited to in hand goods. Each B/S/T sale post must contain a legible user name and date in the photo of each item being sold or traded, either grouped or individually. Subsequent detail photo's of the same items in the same post may have, but do not require a user name and date included. Name and date must be photographed, not photoshopped to ensure that items for sale are actual in hand goods.
  • Prices are mandatory and can not be deleted after the sale. No make me an offer type posts.
  • For buyer protection payment must be made using PayPal Goods and Services only. Any seller requesting "Friends and Family" or other payments are violating the forum rules and should be reported.

Top Bottom