What's new

brushes so far

Beautiful, impeccable set!

You have to return them before using, right? May I ask how do you decide? “Dryland testing” on the face, size, etc?

What was the issue with the Trafalgars and the Berkeley 46?

Thank you!
No, I used them with Amazon thru Alrossa no problem returning a used brush.
The Trafalgars are great, especially for the price, I got a synthetic from Graydog and I felt I only needed one. The Berkeley is also a great little brush, just decided I did not really need it.

This is my den at this time, I also have a Rooney & a Morris & Forndran on the way. Which will put me at 12 brushes, decided to get to 14 and hold.
Top row left to right Rudy Vey Beehive Butterscotch Swirl 28mm, 2 Band Shavemac knot
RV Samurai 26mm Shavemac knot, RV Mandarin 24mm Shavemac knot, Omega Premium Jade Boar, BradSears 28mm Estate knot,
2nd row Zenith Large Boar, Graydog synthetic, Spiffo 24mm Manchurian, Simpson’s M7 Best and last Simpson’s Tulip T3 Super
E1EE03A4-B344-4DBA-BD41-490F2533D89E.jpeg

Last edited:
The Trafalgars are great, especially for the price, I got a synthetic from Graydog and I felt I only needed one. The Berkeley is also a great little brush, just decided I did not really need it.

This is my den at this time, I also have a Rooney & a Morris & Forndran on the way. Which will put me at 12 brushes, decided to get to 14 and hold.View attachment 1251815

Didn’t know that. Great policy.

From what I’ve seen here, Graydog’s brushes are stunning!

Thank you!

This is my den at this time, I also have a Rooney & a Morris & Forndran on the way. Which will put me at 12 brushes, decided to get to 14 and hold.
Top row left to right Rudy Vey Beehive Butterscotch Swirl 28mm, 2 Band Shavemac knot
RV Samurai 26mm Shavemac knot, RV Mandarin 24mm Shavemac knot, Omega Premium Jade Boar, BradSears 28mm Estate knot,
2nd row Zenith Large Boar, Graydog synthetic, Spiffo 24mm Manchurian, Simpson’s M7 Best and last Simpson’s Tulip T3 Super
View attachment 1251815
I am rotating 14 brushes. Bad pic of 12 and a Paladin and a Thater are in the bathroom where I shave. Works for me!

0202C919-5EDB-404C-8855-83B28E4DFE38.jpeg

linty1

My wallet cries.
@SharpieB You mentioned a "no name boar" Did that by any chance come in one if those "kits" like, inside theres a no name boar, a shaving cream, and maybe a lotion or something like that? I say because I have a similar "no name boar" I found that I had placed in the back of the linen closet.

Also bad is a thing. I thought I pretty set with my brushes... but then its like oh... that Stirling brush gets really good reviews... who's this "Brad Sears" fellow? Polo lemon drops just sounds delightful.. Etc etc.

edit: I dont have a good synthetic in my collection.. the rockets seems neat... reminds me of those old ever readys... speaking of whats Heritage collection doing these days?

edit 2: Those b&b boar brushes seem neat.. also the Mhule stf brushes are "classics"? gotta have a classic... I mean... its a classic right?

edit 3: I hate myself.

@SharpieB You mentioned a "no name boar" Did that by any chance come in one if those "kits" like, inside theres a no name boar, a shaving cream, and maybe a lotion or something like that? I say because I have a similar "no name boar" I found that I had placed in the back of the linen closet.

Also bad is a thing. I thought I pretty set with my brushes... but then its like oh... that Stirling brush gets really good reviews... who's this "Brad Sears" fellow? Polo lemon drops just sounds delightful.. Etc etc.

edit: I dont have a good synthetic in my collection.. the rockets seems neat... reminds me of those old ever readys... speaking of whats Heritage collection doing these days?

edit 2: Those b&b boar brushes seem neat.. also the Mhule stf brushes are "classics"? gotta have a classic... I mean... its a classic right?

edit 3: I hate myself.
I ordered a bunch of soap from Storybook just before they closed shop and the owner threw in the boar brush. Not sure what it is but it is pretty good.

I could be happy with just using boars but once I get used to using badgers, I don’t want to switch back.

it is a costly rabbit hole for sure!

Same as the Ch2. I actually like it more than the CH2. It is my favourite synth brush by far. I don’t even really touch my Trafalgars these days.
Tnx!

The reason I asked was that T3 was my first ever synthetic. I sort of wanted to get my feet. I didn't want to splurge top $ for CH2 without trying smth. synthetic first. Turned out I love synth.

Would you say your M7 fiber is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Trafalgar? How different the feel on the face is?

I have 3 brushes:

Omega 10049 aka Proraso Pro
Muhle Silvertip badger
Simpson Trafalgar T3

Since I've got the T3, I haven't used the other two... not even once. It's been a couple of months now. I am a total synthetic enthusiast now. Couldn't be happier.

If you will allow me, sir, these 3 brushes are too few for a forum like this! And especially these 3 brushes! You need at the VERY least: 1 Simpson best, 1 Semogue boar in best and 1 in premium bristles, 1 Plissoft synthetic, 1 Tuxedo synthetic, 1 Silvertip with medium backbone (the Muhle is a very floppy silvertip). THEN you will be able to see if you couldn't be happier. Now you are just happy. There is a difference! :lol1: How can you shave with Saponificio Varesino and say you couldn't be happier with these 3 brushes! I am Burundian and i can't be happy with 3 brushes! And i have 2 of the 3 you say! (i don't have the Trafalgar). Think carefully of that! But i am glad you are happy. But happier? Maybe not! All this, very respectufully, sir!

EDIT: I forgot! You also need a 2-band badger. There. Now it is more complete.

Last edited:
Top Bottom