What's new

brushes so far

another 3,I'm up to about 41or 42 now, i'll maybe get to @Ice-Man 's total in a year or two😂😂😂
_20201202_164422.JPG

+1 Agree with you David.....

He has and its great fun, but looking forward to having a fellow member in the same frame of BAD......
I admire your collection, & cabinet. I'm not in the same league as you, my friend. I have acquired many brushes. And I enjoy them all. But I have sold many of them instead of hanging onto them. A few I regret selling, but most were just purchased to help me along my way. Where am I going, you ask? It depends on whom you ask!!! Crazy might be a common reply. I do enjoy my brushes, & am still ordering multiples each month, but I tip my hat to you sir.

can anyone with a simpsons brush tell me if the Simpsons logo on the brush is printed/engraved on or is it a sticker, as i noticed on the Simpsons site they sell replacement stickers, i have a Simpson brush saved in my basket🛒, but i think 90gbp,is expensive for a brush that only has a makers sticker on it, I'd think for a high end brush it should at least be printed if not engraved🤔
_20201217_050745.JPG

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
can anyone with a simpsons brush tell me if the Simpsons logo on the brush is printed/engraved on or is it a sticker, as i noticed on the Simpsons site they sell replacement stickers, i have a Simpson brush saved in my basket🛒, but i think 90gbp,is expensive for a brush that only has a makers sticker on it, I'd think for a high end brush it should at least be printed if not engraved🤔View attachment 1196191
There are engravings on modern Simpson brushes but the image in your post is a sticker. Some users like them and some do not, there has been much debate over it. Some remove the sticker, some use the brush until the sticker falls off, and some apply a thin layer of clear nail polish over the top to preserve it. The sticker is a historical part of Simpson brushes and I have read that the idea was that the sticker was designed to deteriorate with use so that you can tell if your brush is new or not, but that may just be an internet fact. One thing for sure, Sumpson brushes are superb and will never leave my den. Not just the brush, but the history, heritage, and the fact they are made by hand by my fellow countrymen who are paid a fair wage. That matters a lot to me which is why I will never order or own a Chinese brush. Have you already decided on the brush you will buy after the Simpson as you need to begin purchasing at a faster rate? 🤣 👍

There are engravings on modern Simpson brushes but the image in your post is a sticker. Some users like them and some do not, there has been much debate over it. Some remove the sticker, some use the brush until the sticker falls off, and some apply a thin layer of clear nail polish over the top to preserve it. The sticker is a historical part of Simpson brushes and I have read that the idea was that the sticker was designed to deteriorate with use so that you can tell if your brush is new or not, but that may just be an internet fact. One thing for sure, Sumpson brushes are superb and will never leave my den. Not just the brush, but the history, heritage, and the fact they are made by hand by my fellow countrymen who are paid a fair wage. That matters a lot to me which is why I will never order or own a Chinese brush. Have you already decided on the brush you will buy after the Simpson as you need to begin purchasing at a faster rate? 🤣 👍
Duke D3 in "best"(i just ordered it)
_20201217_074222.JPG

Last edited:
Here's my meager collection after 2 1/2 years "Wet Shaving"

An Amazon favorite cheap badger
Fendrihan Tuxedo Synthetic
WCS Lantern Synthetic
WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger
Stirling Lil' Brudder Synthetic
Stirling Pro Handle Synthetic
Stirling Two Band Synthetic
Stirling High Mountain White Badger
Zenith Kotibe Silvertip Badger
Zenith 506A Manchurian Badger
Simpson's Trafalgar T3
Simpson's Commodore X3 in Best Badger
Simpson's Persian Jar PJ3 in Best Badger

I had to look to see what I own. 🤫

5 Simpsons (+1 M7 in the mail)
3 Semogue
2 Omega
2 Yaqi
1 Spiffo
1 Vulfix
2 Rockwell
1 Razorock
1 Vie Long
1 no name boar

I have almost enough but will be adding a few in the next few weeks. Likely another 2-3 Simpsons (Duke 3, Chubby 2, M7 likely all synths, maybe the Duke in Best), 1-2 Spiffos and a Semogue SOC Taj boar. Maybe a Rudy Vey.

I love looking at some of the crazy big collections here, but I use and love rotating thru ALL of my brushes. Any more than 24-25 (I feel ridiculous even saying that!) will just be too many for me. No promises though. 😜

Top Bottom