2 Omega
2 Yaqi
1 Spiffo
1 Vulfix
2 Rockwell
1 Razorock
1 Vie Long
1 no name boar

I have almost enough but will be adding a few in the next few weeks. Likely another 2-3 Simpsons (Duke 3, Chubby 2, M7 likely all synths, maybe the Duke in Best), 1-2 Spiffos and a Semogue SOC Taj boar. Maybe a Rudy Vey.

I love looking at some of the crazy big collections here, but I use and love rotating thru ALL of my brushes. Any more than 24-25 (I feel ridiculous even saying that!) will just be too many for me. No promises though. 😜
i know that probably about 2 or 3 brushes are plenty for some, but i enjoy seeing a brush online i like, then ordering, i enjoy looking at my collection of brushes, creams/soaps etc and other stuff, and choosing my shave for the next day, the collecting for me is as enjoyable as actually using the stuff for what they are intended🤭🤗🤗

i know that probably about 2 or 3 brushes are plenty for some, but i enjoy seeing a brush online i like, then ordering, i enjoy looking at my collection of brushes, creams/soaps etc and other stuff, and choosing my shave for the next day, the collecting for me is as enjoyable as actually using the stuff for what they are intended🤭🤗🤗
True.

I haven’t spent over $60 for a brush to date and most were under $25. So it really isn’t a crazy expensive hobby.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a Simpsons M7 in Manchurian though. That will be my most expensive by far.

I laughed thinking about what must go through your head when you're about to buy a new brush. I think you could be the founder of Brushaholics Anonymous. :D

I Like that but there are many more members with more than I do. But I have slowed down now I've gone over the 200 now 216 Well, to be honest, I have run out of space and I don't think the wife would be too happy with a bigger unit to store them in.

20210124_183027.jpg

it's been a while since we've seen any brush collection pics, feel free to post pics of you're collections, here's mines, the top lot are various badger, boar, horse etc and the bottom lot are synthetics, it's good to see collections 👍🏼
_20210124_225738.JPG

Last edited:
You’ve got a Simpson Duke 3 Best. What do you need the other brushes for?
the Simpson was one of the last ones I've bought, I've not used it yet😁
I’m out for ten with a two-band and three-band of each model. There’s also an EJ synth in the shower and a SOC cherry wood boar in a drawer somewhere. Twelve brushes all up, ten used for shaving. Too many but it’s all part of the fun!

View attachment 1213072
lovely collection 👍🏼

This is my story I am now down to 7 brushes:

Own:
Duke 2 Best
Chubby 2 Synthetic
M7 Best
Zenith 505AK Manchurian
Zenith XL Boar
Zenith 50/50 Horse Hair
Maggard 24mm 2 Band SHD set in an Australian Mallee Burl

Sold: Chubby 2 Super
Piffed: Zenith Chubby Scrubby Boar and a Parker Silver Tip

Returned: These are all Simpson’s bought on Amazon from Alrossa
Tulip T3 Super
Berkeley 46 Best
Chubby 1 Best
Commodore X2 Best
Duke 3 Best
Trafalgar T1 & T3
Duke 3 Synthetic

Would like to have:
Simpson’s M7 Manchurian
Ron Vey Brush
Grey Dog’s Brushes

When I returned all the Simpson’s the funds were available to me to use again in 2 hours from the time I dropped them off at UPS.

The base and cap for my Timeless Titanium arrive this week.😃😃😃

EC2D4D9B-4BB9-45EC-9B0D-879BCFC65472.jpeg

Last edited:
This is my story I am now down to 7 brushes:

Own:
Duke 2 Best
Chubby 2 Synthetic
M7 Best
Zenith 505AK Manchurian
Zenith XL Boar
Zenith 50/50 Horse Hair
Maggard 24mm 2 Band SHD set in an Australian Mallee Burl

Sold: Chubby 2 Super
Piffed: Zenith Chubby Scrubby Boar and a Parker Silver Tip

Returned: These are all Simpson’s bought on Amazon from Alrossa
Tulip T3 Super
Berkeley 46 Best
Chubby 1 Best
Commodore X2 Best
Duke 3 Best
Trafalgar T1 & T3
Duke 3 Synthetic

Would like to have:
Simpson’s M7 Manchurian
Ron Vey Brush
Grey Dog’s Brushes

When I returned all the Simpson’s the funds were available to me to use again in 2 hours from the time I dropped them off at UPS.

The base and cap for my Timeless Titanium arrive this week.😃😃😃

View attachment 1213088

Beautiful, impeccable set!

You have to return them before using, right? May I ask how do you decide? “Dryland testing” on the face, size, etc?

What was the issue with the Trafalgars and the Berkeley 46?

Thank you!

there's still room for maybe another 2 or 3 brushes in my collection and i (eventually) would like to buy an expensive brush from one of the artisan brushmakers i look at them online, but can't justify paying £100-£200 or so for a brush at the moment😁

1st pic synthetics with 2(pictured) still to add,4th pic, 3 boar, 3 horse,3 silvertip+(1still to arrive) 2 super, 1 best +(1 still to arrive)and 2 pure, i think i might be finished now😂

Looks like all 3 x Boars are Omega? You'll be needing to add a Semogue, Zenith and Mondial to that collection as a minimum then :lol:

FYI...the big South American river company usually have a plastic handle and a brushed aluminum handle Mondial boar in stock (currently awaiting stock).

That's my small collection of boars. At this end of this months GRUME, I will probably be adding a Goodfellas Smile Omega (the same as the Proraso Pro but with a different handle), the Paragon RAV Boar and a Vie-Long 13723 Horse. After that I'll be adding a couple of Zenith Boars just decided which handles to go for (their handle choices are :001_tt1:)

Did I mention I like boars? :lol:

1618495875547.png

That's my small collection of boars. At this end of this months GRUME, I will probably be adding a Goodfellas Smile Omega (the same as the Proraso Pro but with a different handle), the Paragon RAV Boar and a Vie-Long 13723 Horse. After that I'll be adding a couple of Zenith Boars just decided which handles to go for (their handle choices are :001_tt1:)

Did I mention I like boars? :lol:

View attachment 1251805
i like the SOC handle ive been swithering over a SOC for some months now😁

Top Bottom