What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

My first shave with the B&B Essential Brush too... I got it yesterday, gave it a couple cycles of soak and clean, let it dry overnight. I used it this morning and did a combination bowl and face lather with Tabac. It loaded gobs of lather, more than enough for a 3-pass. I agree with all that the tips are softer than any brush I have used from the start. For me, a hold below the mid-ring is natural. Nice weight and balance. Plenty of backbone yet it splays well while face lathering. Scrubby but not scritchy. Even with the maiden voyage I say that this brush is a contender for starting position in the lineup. I will alternate days this week with my Semogue 1800 and see how they stack up. Overall, I am very pleased with this brush!

Mine came in last Friday, I've been doing a daily palm lather with it for breaking in. I may just have to give it the first actual run tomorrow morning. :)

this did a wonderful job whipping up my Mühle Sea Buckthorn, a soap I love the scent of, but have a hard time lathering without it getting runny

I agree with you chaps, but considering that it will be a brush continously produced in different colours I would prefer to wait for another batch more of my sthetic taste. And I still think that the advertisement photos should be more accurates. Moreover, before purchasing one I will wait as well until some user can show us its real colour like now

What if the photos posted in the announcement and the photos that the members post are all wrong? Maybe photography just can't capture the Essential brush?

What if the photos posted in the announcement and the photos that the members post are all wrong? Maybe photography just can't capture the Essential brush?
Doubtful. The user photos posted so far have all been a helluva lot closer to the actual product in realistic lighting settings

Doubtful. The user photos posted so far have all been a helluva lot closer to the actual product in realistic lighting settings

Whew! Thank goodness about that.

Well, I'm glad to see that people have been having good results with their brushes. If you haven't got one yet, don't wait too long thinking about whether to buy or not. It would be sad to miss this one.

Last edited:
I couldn't resist,I just pulled the trigger :lol:

You won't regret your purchase. I noticed that even though the knot is a bit on the small side for me, it's pretty dense and the breech (the center of the brush) doesn't open up like with my other Omega, the 81052.

Don't resist, you won't regret! I used mine for the second run this morning. Looking forward to see if it blooms some after a week or two of use. So far, I stand behind my original review. Really a nice brush! (Can we vote on the color of the next brush?)

I got mine last Friday, and I've been doing palm lathers and letting it go through a wet/dry cycle daily since, give it a good start to breaking on. So far, it hasn't bloomed really, but the tips are splitting and it's soft enough. I'm far from a brush expert or even an aficionado, so my impressions are merely exactly that... lol

It holds a lot of water for sure, almost too much for the wetter brush loading method, for me, or it releases it differently enough I'm not adjusted to it. Using that method I've had to really work the lather a lot more than usual to get it to thicken up decently. Once it gets to that point though, it builds it well. Tried to face lather initially with the wetter brush after loading it with Cella, and it was pretty messy, watery dripping lather sorta flew and dripped, a lot. I'm not a usual face lather guy, so that could be just me as well. I moved to the usual bowl and finished building lather there. Got a good lather out of it, easily enough for 3 pass shave with touchup. It did seem to not explode the lather like the Semo 830 I usually use with Cella, but that could be due to the one being new and the other being well broken in.

The handle is comfortable, a bit on the small side for me. It seemed to get wet and slippery easier than I am used to, partially the smaller size, and partially the brushes water retention/release properties. I'll give it a go another few days, varying the technique to a drier brush, and I'll throw it into some Proraso and other creams.

So overall, it's a damn good looking brush, quality knot that will need some time and work to break in it seems, and a great price for the quality. It's effective and a pleasure to use so far, but I haven't developed the "OMFG I LOVE THIS BRUSH!" feeling I've gotten with a couple others I own.

I really like my Mixed Midget which is the only Omega I've owned,I've been wanting to try a Omega boar so this was a good opportunity.Now the wait :lol:

Mine just came, very nice brush for sure! I have 3 other Omega's and the first thing I noticed was the boar hair being much softer. Second, it doesn't have that black ring that encloses the knot to the brush. Mine have all cracked. The cracked black ring hasn't changed anything, it's just a weakness. It's a must-buy for Omega lovers!

Decided to get one because of the handle. I had to sell my SOC because it was just a bit to large of a handle and fund the LE ( Yes, I know $20, but the university has all my cash). The SOC sold, logged into West Coast and they are all gone, very disappointed, they were there this morning. Snooze and loose. If anyone wants to sell I need one.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Decided to get one because of the handle. I had to sell my SOC because it was just a bit to large of a handle and fund the LE ( Yes, I know $20, but the university has all my cash). The SOC sold, logged into West Coast and they are all gone, very disappointed, they were there this morning. Snooze and loose. If anyone wants to sell I need one.

Bummer.

It's good that they were popular and sold well ... but still ...

(I guess you can jump on board the next round, or snag one off the BST from someone who doesn't like the colour in real life.)

Bad news: the brush is all sold out.

Good news: the new batch with a new handle color will be coming!

Anyone else having issues with the logo coming off the handle? Ill post a photo of mine later, but the center white line is coming off the logo after two uses.

mine has held up so far through a few cleanings, a couple test lathers and one use. Part of my TM was smudged when I got it, but nothing has gotten worse so far........

Top Bottom