What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

just ordered one too!!!!! I don't have any boar brushes and I have only used one once......I am really excited to give it a try....I am hoping the added "roughness" will help really stand up my hairs so that I can get a closer shave.....

Received mine on Saturday and couldn't be happier. The hair feels great and the brush splays nicely. The shape of the handle is my favorite part, very nice to grip and the color is wonderful. It's a nice dark blue but when you pick it up or move it around you get some nice light reflection through it. This brush is a steal at $20!

After seen the real color of the brush,I will wait until the next batch. I simply dont like it and I hope that next time the seller photo will be more realistic and less mcdonalds burguer like. I will be very disappointed if I have received a so different coloured brush compared with announced one

cheers

The brush is the same color as in the original post. But to get that, you have to put a very strong light on it.

First shave with it today, and what a surprise! Black hairs appeared in the knot after it got wet. Still like the brush and how it lathered, and I think I'm liking that streaky look to the knot.

Hear Ye! Mine arrived in today's mail! I am very pleased that I ordered before being dissuaded by the discussion over the color. First impressions:

Great curb appeal. The B&B blue and badger logo are distinctive. The brush dimensions are exact to the listing.

The handle... I agree with others that the persepective on color is all in the lighting of the photo and the variation in computer screens. In subdued home lighting the brush handle appeared to be a dark blue almost blue-purple. If it is held against a dark background or in the hand it definitely looks opaque. Held up to the light, the appearance is more a translucent rich medium/royal blue and you can notice the solid darker/black top (18mm) knot cup or setting. I notice the weight and feel of the solid resin right off and I would say it has a welcome heavy feel. I agree that the placement of the badger graphic is not exactly centered but I have seen such imperfections with decals and lettering on other fine brushes. The shape is unique, at least to me, and the mid-ring allows for either a comfortable high or low hold.

The knot... The bristles are a natural blonde with a few darker bristles throughout. I think seeing some brown or black hairs in the knot gives a brush character and distinction. The feel of the knot is dense, more so than most boars and along the lines of the premium Semogues IMO. It should have plenty of backbone for any soap. I agree that the knot tips are unusually soft out of the box. I think I could use it without any pre-wash or treatment and it would perform well.

View attachment 283871

Last edited:
Ordered mine!

Now I have to wait for blade sampler, Proraso green & red shaving creams, alum and now the brush to be delivered. Can't wait!

After seen the real color of the brush,I will wait until the next batch. I simply dont like it and I hope that next time the seller photo will be more realistic and less mcdonalds burguer like. I will be very disappointed if I have received a so different coloured brush compared with announced one

cheers
Assume it will be darker in your hand than in the photo...or work on perfecting the lights on your shaving shelves.

Assume it will be darker in your hand than in the photo...or work on perfecting the lights on your shaving shelves.

+1. :) For me the performance factor is far, far more important than the aesthetics of it. Even if it is a darker blue, heck even it is black! For $20? It's a steal. From the reviews so far, a real steal.

I got my brush on Saturday and shaved with it last night and it was AWESOME! This is a fantastic knot -- I also saw that some hairs had split right out of the package!

I have 3 Semogues that will probably lose space in the rotation for the foreseeable future.

I agree with you chaps, but considering that it will be a brush continously produced in different colours I would prefer to wait for another batch more of my sthetic taste. And I still think that the advertisement photos should be more accurates. Moreover, before purchasing one I will wait as well until some user can show us its real colour like now.

Cheers

+1. :) For me the performance factor is far, far more important than the aesthetics of it. Even if it is a darker blue, heck even it is black! For $20? It's a steal. From the reviews so far, a real steal.

Had my first shave with this brush and it is wonderful. The color is darker with the lighting in my bathroom but more like the picture with the lighting in the kitchen. This is my second boar and compared with my Semogue SOC I feel this brush is better. Right out of the box I was able to get plenty of lather for a 3 pass shave without having to return to the puck. It took a month of breaking in with the Semogue to get to that point. As others have stated the tips are very soft. This brush is the perfect size for face lathering IMHO.

Top Bottom