What's new

Brush Prices

My SBAD is experiencing a serious flare-up, and I've just finished looking through nearly every brush review. One thing I noticed is that even though there is a rank for the price no one explicitly states the price of their brush. It's not a major problem as I can just google it and come up with an approximate price range. But, why not just state how much was paid for it? I'm assuming it's an etiquette thing, but just wanted to hear others' ideas on why this is so.

In some instances, I've haggled a bit and received quite a deal. Out of respect for the vendor, I keep these numbers to myself.

Brush prices can be gleaned pretty accurately from the vendors' websites.

Even if you're not as sharp as Kyle (I am not), I would buy quality. By the time you invest over $100, you'll have a brush your grandkids can bury with you - except that they would probably want to keep it and continue shaving with it.

Paul

P.S. The reviews are a godsend. Believe them.

In some instances, I've haggled a bit and received quite a deal. Out of respect for the vendor, I keep these numbers to myself.

That's a very reasonable reason. As always, thanks for the input!

If you don't mind using a pre- owned brush you can get great deals on the selling trading forum. It is not unusual to buy a brush that maybe perfect for one fellow but too hard/soft, big/small for another. These frequently find their way to the selling forum and the price is usually right. I have acquired a few this way and have been very pleased with them. I have also sold a few that were too large for my tastes.

If you don't mind using a pre- owned brush you can get great deals on the selling trading forum. It is not unusual to buy a brush that maybe perfect for one fellow but too hard/soft, big/small for another. These frequently find their way to the selling forum and the price is usually right. I have acquired a few this way and have been very pleased with them. I have also sold a few that were too large for my tastes.
+1

Also, there are some vendors who work on small margins and with whom it is difficult to bargain. However, it doesn't hurt to mention that you belong to B&B and saw the vendor's site here.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”

Excellent suggestion...every brush I have ever owned ( save for a couple of ebay duds) came from the BST forums on B&B. I have always enjoyed them...even though I have turned around and resold them for what I paid for them or slightly less.

Without mentioning names or brands (might be best to keep it that way, too) I seem to remember hearing that one major brush maker got into a major snit with an eBay vendor who was selling for too far below MSRP.

Without mentioning names or brands (might be best to keep it that way, too) I seem to remember hearing that one major brush maker got into a major snit with an eBay vendor who was selling for too far below MSRP.

I hope I'm not the only one thinking this....but if I am so be it: what is MSRP? Market S* Retail Price? Just a guess.

I've bought a couple of brushes from members on this forum and have been more than pleased with what I have purchased.

Top Bottom