What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
This mammoth fossil ivory VC03 badger brush with ram horn stand arrived from Voigt & Cop in Italy late today….

View attachment 1841965
Where on earth did you buy it? Their shop on Etsy is closed and has been for a while.... I'm not in the market for a new brush but I'd like to see what they have to offer, if they actually have anything for sale at the moment.

Wow... That's an elegant handle. How does it feel in your hand?
I feared the teardrop-like shape would not prove very comfortable to hold and maneuver (with the handle more a work of art than something functional), but surprisingly the shape actually feels very good in the hand, with the mammoth fossil ivory adding some real solidity.

Where on earth did you buy it? Their shop on Etsy is closed and has been for a while.... I'm not in the market for a new brush but I'd like to see what they have to offer, if they actually have anything for sale at the moment.
I think at this point they make all their brushes custom to order with even the badger tufts hand sorted in-house, etc. They can be reached via FB Messenger (if you do a FB search for Voigt & Cop, their info should pop up). I have a few of their custom brushes, and the time it has taken from placing the request to receipt has ranged from 1-3 months.

One of the things I really love about them is they use some of the most interesting materials with their brushes in unique shapes, from rare woods to real horn, antler, mammoth fossil ivory, metals and many others (or combinations of exotic mats). The various badger tufts are also my favorites too. Great work all-around, IMO.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I think at this point they make all their brushes custom to order with even the badger tufts hand sorted in-house, etc. They can be reached via FB Messenger (if you do a FB search for Voigt & Cop, their info should pop up). I have a few of their custom brushes, and the time it has taken from placing the request to receipt has ranged from 1-3 months.

One of the things I really love about them is they use some of the most interesting materials with their brushes in unique shapes, from rare woods to real horn, antler, mammoth fossil ivory, metals and many others (or combinations of exotic mats). The various badger tufts are also my favorites too. Great work all-around, IMO.
I did send them an email from their address posted on their Etsy storefront. I know they are pricey; from the little information I've been able to garner. I do look forward to hearing from them.

It is a real beauty. So unique. I wouldn't mind getting one myself

I did send them an email from their address posted on their Etsy storefront. I know they are pricey; from the little information I've been able to garner. I do look forward to hearing from them.
I've read some have contacted them via Instagram in the past and ordered something.

I've had an eye on a Heritage Ever-Ready 200 handle for some time, so when APShaveCo emailed this morning about a new drop, a 200 being one of them, I ordered one with a G5C knot. I'm glad I've got the razor end of my kit squared away so now I can jump on some tantalizing brushes I've been holding-off on.

heritage.jpg

Last edited:
Just received my C7 Mistura this afternoon. The handle is gorgeous, maybe even a little nicer than the 2018 TSN tortoise shell. Semogue has really knocked it outta the park this last year, here it is with the 2023 Barbear Portuguese Silvertip & TSN Final Edition Boar & Mistura. For anyone who missed the 2023 Final Edition, these new C7 knots appear to be identical. Giving it a good baby shampoo bath tonight, test drive on Friday.
IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2100.jpeg

IMG_3354.jpg
received this a couple of days ago Zenith 507 Turchese Manchurian (27mm)

also have a VS bog Oak and a Semogue C7 Finest incoming

also had 3 Custom Shavemacs Earlier this year Just before the configuration (and the shop unexpectedly) shut down

G5C Synthetic 24mm Peacock
Silvertip D01 Fan 26mm Deep Purple
Silvertip D01 2band Flattop 22mm Red Dragon

IMG_3233.jpg
IMG_3244o.jpg
IMG_3289.jpg

what is this called BAS? SBAS? Haha

West Coast Shaving Beehive Boar brush from their sale arrived today. The intent is for it to mostly replace the B & B boar in Seafoam Green. It hit the hard tile floor some time ago, and the handle broke. I have re-glued it back together with Gorilla Glue a couple of times, but ultimately it is just a short term "band aid" solution so when I got an email with the sale I jumped on it. It's in hot/warm water softening up and has been for a good 10 hours or so now. I may try and use it tomorrow morning for the first time.

West Coast Shaving Beehive Boar brush from their sale arrived today. The intent is for it to mostly replace the B & B boar in Seafoam Green. It hit the hard tile floor some time ago, and the handle broke. I have re-glued it back together with Gorilla Glue a couple of times, but ultimately it is just a short term "band aid" solution so when I got an email with the sale I jumped on it. It's in hot/warm water softening up and has been for a good 10 hours or so now. I may try and use it tomorrow morning for the first time.
Pics or it didn't happen, Brad. :wink2:

View attachment 1843144received this a couple of days ago Zenith 507 Turchese Manchurian (27mm)

also have a VS bog Oak and a Semogue C7 Finest incoming

also had 3 Custom Shavemacs Earlier this year Just before the configuration (and the shop unexpectedly) shut down

G5C Synthetic 24mm Peacock
Silvertip D01 Fan 26mm Deep Purple
Silvertip D01 2band Flattop 22mm Red Dragon

View attachment 1843141View attachment 1843142View attachment 1843143

what is this called BAS? SBAS? Haha
Great adds. When did you order the SV? I have an SV in tortoise on order since January.

Great adds. When did you order the SV? I have an SV in tortoise on order since January.
I ordered it on the SV EU site
Unfortunately they abruptly Changed the Carrier that i picked and payed a little extra for from UPS to Fedex (Fedex has Worse service in my country)
ah well.... First world problems

Top Bottom