What's new

Brown Leaf Pipe Club?

I would have joined but dealing with a bad cold and congested really bad. Plus busy with getting ready for the holiday season. I would like to meet up with everyone the next time the opportunity comes around again.

Larry

I would like to try to make this happen sometime.... I'm usually off Saturday just depends weather or not I'm knee deep in a project or if I've got a moment..... great idea though. I will watch this thread.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I’ll see if I can drop in. Cold and snow forecasted here, so not exactly the best smoking weather.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Thank god for heated garages.

I have an exhaust fan that put in a basement window when I’m roasting coffee. It seems to work well with the smoke from the coffee, I’m thinking it may work for pipe smoke as well. The problem is if I’m wrong my wife won’t just be the war dept, she’ll be at war.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have an exhaust fan that put in a basement window when I’m roasting coffee. It seems to work well with the smoke from the coffee, I’m thinking it may work for pipe smoke as well. The problem is if I’m wrong my wife won’t just be the war dept, she’ll be at war.
Believe me, I completely understand.
Unless you want to spend the majority of your time hiding there, maybe checking with her on a test run might work better than a surprise.
Then again, as they say - it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!
You have to set it up with doing something nice for her unannounced. Then when you come in freezing to death from an outside smoke, stand there and shiver and moan and demonstrate how miserable it is out there.

Then ask.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I will try to at least call in. Not certain what my full day looks like Saturday. I know I have breakfast with the fellows at the church in the morning the the OKC Thunder game in the evening.

You have to set it up with doing something nice for her unannounced. Then when you come in freezing to death from an outside smoke, stand there and shiver and moan and demonstrate how miserable it is out there.

Then ask.

Screenshot_20240109_182735_Google.jpg

If the meeting goes through I will try to join in. I just put a heater in the garage and it keeps it a toasty 68 degrees inside. The only problem I have is the same as Whisky’s, I would need an exhaust fan to get the smoke out. The down side with my garage is that the bedrooms are above so the smoke rises as it should. Could set up a box fan facing the garage door to get the smoke out. Maybe need to go with a good smelling aromatic then ask for forgiveness afterwards lol. I really hate the winter time in the north east.

Larry

Yeah I understand the vagaries of winter smoking. We don't have it too bad here, but it can be uncomfortable enough outside that I end up in the garage. I pop the door about 1/3 open and use a fan, it's not too bad - but it's in the upper 30s - low 40s here. I would imagine that farther north that wouldn't work as well.

I'm sure we'll get better participation in the spring, but I wanted to get this rolling as maybe a monthly thing. If it doesn't work out I can table it until it starts to warm up some.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
This is what’s forecast for the next 10 days here in Norman, OK. Note the lows past Saturday. 🥶😁

IMG_6170.jpeg

Supposed to be 55 and 40% chance of rain. Might be able to pull it off in the garage with the heater and a fan. Already talked to the chief in charge about all of this and she didn’t have a fault with it. The garage is packed with all sorts of car parts, tools, and a 54 y/o car, hope you guys don’t mind the mess lol

Larry

Top Bottom