What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

I'm in worse shape than Mooshi - as in hopelessly behind. Nonetheless, here are the long overdue photos of the new LC New (and the '53 Rolls and my rotation, just for kicks.) I won't even tell you how long it takes me to - 1. load pics into PC, 2. upload to B&B and 3. attach to post. Whewwww!!!! But I understand that "it didn't happen if there aren't any pics!!! I guess practice makes perfect, or better anyway. Enjoy!!!

Only thing missing is my fist brush, the Omega Stripey Pure Badger. And of course the soap/cream/lotion pics - which haven't been shot yet. Not bad for point and shoot technique, eh? Oh, and I love the LC New of course!
Very nice pictures and the collection, of course. Well done brother !

I read her @ the BOTOC family, that a lot of my brothers likes heavy handles. So here is the story.
ONE of my favorite razors is a Tech with a fat handle (shhhh ... don't tell this to "bluesbishop").
I like it's handle very much, I think it is a piece of art. I actually use it for testing blades. The only thing wrong with this razor is the weight, only 50,6 grams.
This is far from enough since I've got my iKon bulldog handle and since a Tradere too, but they just don't fit into the Tech design, I think.
I ordered some tungsten (this kind, which fishermen use). I received it today and just couldn't wait.
I grabbed my Tech, took the handle off, made some thin "worms" out the tungsten and pushed them inside the handle with drill for metal.
I filled the handle about 2/3 of the space inside. 20 grams of tungsten disappeared in the hole.
So, now, I have a monster edition of a Tech (70,6 grams) with a beautiful handle and a weight, that makes it feel really cool in my hand.

I really recommend the procedure.

Happy "monstering" your handles, brothers and sisters.

I really would like to see that. I still use my Fat Handle but with a NEW Short Comb, while on my Tech, I use the iKon Handle. I love the look of the Fat Handle, but the weight leaves much to be desired. I had read the thread about using Tungsten to add additional weight, seems like a great idea, especially if it works.

So you don't like the look of the iKOn Bulldog on the Tech? I think it looks great :thumbup: You cannot see the handle too much in this picture, but you can get the general idea. I am using a nickel cap, a brass comb, and the iKon handle, IMO it is one of the best looking and finest shaving razors that I own.

proxy.php

Tech on iKon Bulldog

proxy.php

Short Comb NEW nickel comb on Fat Handled that I have highly polished. I love the look of this razor with the tri-color of the cooper, nickel and brass.

You truly are a very sick man, lurking like that!!! LOL
Ken is very sick, right about now he might be getting a lot of stretching exercises
proxy.php
and he may be exhausted from it, he may need rest. I will try to do my best to be like him and reply to all posts, but nothing can replace the BOTOC KING (ken)

Last edited:
I really would like to see that. I still use my Fat Handle but with a NEW Short Comb, while on my Tech, I use the iKon Handle. I love the look of the Fat Handle, but the weight leaves much to be desired. I had read the thread about using Tungsten to add additional weight, seems like a great idea, especially if it works.

So you don't like the look of the iKOn Bulldog on the Tech? I think it looks great :thumbup: You cannot see the handle too much in this picture, but you can get the general idea. I am using a nickel cap, a brass comb, and the iKon handle, IMO it is one of the best looking and finest shaving razors that I own.

Tech on iKon Bulldog

Short Comb NEW nickel comb on Fat Handled that I have highly polished. I love the look of this razor with the tri-color of the cooper, nickel and brass.

Yes, I saw some other pictures of the Tech on a iKon bulldog handle before (I think it was yours), but no, it has to be the fat handle on this Tech head, it just fits so good. VERY nice pictures indeed.

By the way ... the movie ... I'll have to run it through my Pinnacle Studio, when I get time for it, before I publish it.

Last edited:
This thread is EPIC. In less than 4 months it's generated 340 pages, over 6,700 replies and 115k views. Is that an interweb record???

Now, having spent far too much time looking at this thread, I am wondering - does my iKon S3S Bamboo qualify me for membership of BOTOC?

I will admit.... That is a good looking tech!..... But the Open comb looks better!

proxy.php

Tech on iKon Bulldog

proxy.php

Im loving those brushes, They look like they can exfoliate very well.

Yes they can. The Vulfix I found a bit scritchy when I first got it but it's grown on me. The Rooney is my 2nd brush after the Omega and it's great! The Thater was really wierd at first with the bulb shape - but it's the softest I own hands down, followed by the Rooney. It has this incredible spine strength! And while tiny the Thater will lather anything, I mean anything! i want to try their fan-shaped. But you were joking about the exfoliation thing, right? Of course......
No, I was not joking, a very good Silvertip or brush will exfoliate the skin as it lathers. Those look sooo cool, I would buy one. I use Muele Synthetic fibers right now. They lather like crazy.

proxy.php

Tech on iKon Bulldog

proxy.php

They look like Aristocrats or Diplomats with that knurling on the handles, niceee

All I gotta say is I am absolutely loving my FaTip. I shaved with it last night and paired it up with my UFO handle and the results were amazing. The hefty handle will take some getting used to. It is like driving from a Ford 150 to a Ford 350 but in a good way. I wish I can shave tonight but I am still super smooth.:thumbup:$IMG_20120719_180713.jpg

WARHAWK

All I gotta say is I am absolutely loving my FaTip. I shaved with it last night and paired it up with my UFO handle and the results were amazing. The hefty handle will take some getting used to. It is like driving from a Ford 150 to a Ford 350 but in a good way. I wish I can shave tonight but I am still super smooth.:thumbup:View attachment 259005

WARHAWK
nice pics ........

Top Bottom