What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Hello all I'm a B&B and BOTOC newbie but I've been catching up on this thread and wanted to introduce myself officially.
I have a couple of brand new Merkur's and will be giving them a go shortly.
I look forward to all of your advice on how to stop sudden, massive, urgent bleeding.

Cheers!
Dave aka Spillproof

Welcome to the secret tree-house gang, Dave! Do not worry about cutting yourself unless you are shaving while still sleeping or concentrating on other things. Your razors are very self-centred and require your full attention.
Good luck.

Hello all I'm a B&B and BOTOC newbie but I've been catching up on this thread and wanted to introduce myself officially.
I look forward to all of your advice on how to stop sudden, massive, urgent bleeding.

Cheers!
Dave aka Spillproof

You might want to use a very cold compress with some ice water.
If that does not stop it and some of the other methods listed in the thread below fail, you should see a physician since as Arley has brought up the issue of a medical condition you may not know about. BTW: Almost all the time it stops within a very reasonable amount of time.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/284577-SHAVE-CLINIC-Stopping-the-flow-of-red

Wow, thanks folks. Mighty friendly 'round here, mighty friendly.
I only sort of kid about the bleeding, but I'll survive (*probably).
Gonna get some Proraso as rec'd by many.

Last edited:

Cheers!
Dave aka Spillproof

Well, if you are gonna "catch up on this thread..." you have a lot of reading!! In it you will find food, pictures of us and razor, lot's of talk about "Ralph" the goat...but mostly a bunch of good brothers and sisters having fun!!!

Your gonna like the 1904....a Mild but effective razor...and don't worry about bleeding....take it slow, have good prep....and NO PRESSURE!!! Let the razor do the work!!

Welcome to the BOTOC....!!

$photo.jpg

My Pif from Phil came in the mail today. I gave it some scrubbing bubles and a bit of maas polish. Looking forward to shaving with it.

I shaved with my Tuck-away this morning with a 7 O'Clock Blue and have to tell you it is the most mild razor I have ever tried in my life. More so then any TTO or Tech. I was not sure I even had a blade in it. Used a bit of Cella and did a face lather with my Vie Long Horse Hair brush and some Clubman with a dab of 444 afterwards and did not even feel the AS burn.
$IMG_1151.jpg

Interesting.... that should be the New Improved head, which has a rep for being more aggressive than the New. I've yet to try one myself, but I'm trying to work one into my rotation...maybe I'll try it tomorrow. I have a Tuckaway that I've had for a long time, and New Improved Big Fellow still untouched!

I shaved with my Tuck-away this morning with a 7 O'Clock Blue and have to tell you it is the most mild razor I have ever tried in my life. More so then any TTO or Tech. I was not sure I even had a blade in it. Used a bit of Cella and did a face lather with my Vie Long Horse Hair brush and some Clubman with a dab of 444 afterwards and did not even feel the AS burn.
View attachment 251279

Here is my gorgeous Basket Weave set that was PIF'd by Phil.....will post more pics once google pics stops locking up on me!!

proxy.php

Finally shaved with my newly acquired BRW NEW SC on Bull Mastiff. I had been shaving my other BRW NEW LC Bull Mastiff XXL for quite some time and was eager to see how the SC would shave. I loaded a med prep and started on my cheeks. Off the bat it was evident how much more smoother the SC glided on my cheeks. It performed similar to the LC but being less audible and. With the LC I had never had a irritation free shave on my neck, always had some to a degree. This can be contributed to my uneven hair growth and pronounced Adams apple. Taking too many passes on my neck with the LC resulted in irritation and weepers, however with the SC I had probably one of my first true irritation free shaves on my neck. It glided so smoothly and left me with no weepers at all. I can defiantly say the LC is more aggressive for me. I was also really impressed with the med prep, it performed amazing in the SC and took off 4 days of beard growth with ease.

Wow, gentlemen, those are some very nice razors that you received from Phil! Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures.
Therefore, as i promised, here are some pictures of the newly acquired British Aristocrats #15s and a #66.
Enjoy and Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers!

Attachments

• $aristos1.JPG
    $aristos1.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 119
  • $aristos2.JPG
    $aristos2.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 107
  • $aristos3.JPG
    $aristos3.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 106
  • $aristos4.JPG
    $aristos4.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 105
Wow, gentlemen, those are some very nice razors that you received from Phil! Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures.
Therefore, as i promised, here are some pictures of the newly acquired British Aristocrats #15s and a #66.

Beautiful!

wow, gentlemen, those are some very nice razors that you received from phil! Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures.
Therefore, as i promised, here are some pictures of the newly acquired british aristocrats #15s and a #66.
Enjoy and happy fathers day to all you fathers!

wow!!!!!!

gorgeous razors brother!!!!!!

Cheers!
Dave aka Spillproof
I got you Dave....REd Cross on their way now
proxy.php

Welcome, Dave.
Best thing for bleeding is not to cut yourself in the first place!
wat he said

Well, if you are gonna "catch up on this thread..." you have a lot of reading!! In it you will find food, pictures of us and razor, lot's of talk about "Ralph" the goat...but mostly a bunch of good brothers and sisters having fun!!!

Your gonna like the 1904....a Mild but effective razor...and don't worry about bleeding....take it slow, have good prep....and NO PRESSURE!!! Let the razor do the work!!

Welcome to the BOTOC....!!
and dont forget Spotz$e5297d97-7de4-44c0-8d78-33a0aac90773 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 251273

My Pif from Phil came in the mail today. I gave it some scrubbing bubles and a bit of maas polish. Looking forward to shaving with it.
let us know

SEXY razors

Today was an OC day for me. GREAT close shave with my Tradere. (Oh and my new Da Vinci brush)

proxy.php
sweet looking TRADY and set up

Those are SWEET! Love love love those handles.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
attachment.php

Beautiful!

wow!!!!!!
gorgeous razors brother!!!!!!

SEXY razors

Those are SWEET! Love love love those handles.

Beautiful, sweet, sexy, gorgeous razors.....
proxy.php
..... Yup, that about covers it. Except to say those are some really lovely razors.

Top Bottom