What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Guys...thank for answering the call!! I asked everyone to give Big Bull some advice and you guys did!! Bravo!!

That being said...we have LOTS of fun in this thread....some days it can grow by 7-10 pages....!! When I send that first email to everyone that ask to join BOTOC I always give this in my reply:

Make sure you check in or subscribe to the BOTOC thread.......comment on post made in it...add your own feedback or items you want to discuss.....lets keep it on the front page!! But most important have fun!!

Let's always make sure we are warm and inviting to guest...answer questions....and still have fun and i'm glad we are doing that!! Many of our new members have been very active...our members from the great white North are proving to be good bros and have become an active part of our crazy shenanigans....they fit in like old timers!!

geez sounds like alex and april are holding out on me, i never knew there was baked goods lol is there a BOAB thread ? you know Brothers Of Aprils Bakedgoods

Bro...just be careful of her cookies.....thats all im saying...I think in parts of BC and in Amsterdam her "secret" cookies are legal at some coffee shops....but last time I had one.....well one was enough for 6 hrs.....be careful!! :lol:

:yikes: You have only had my regular if I recall white chocolate macadamia nut cookies I brought over to our friends house in High school...My "secret" cookies are not to be spoken of.....or the Goat gets it! :a51:Yeah I am speaking of Ralph! I also have my bag of onions!

Bro...just be careful of her cookies.....thats all im saying...I think in parts of BC and in Amsterdam her "secret" cookies are legal at some coffee shops....but last time I had one.....well one was enough for 6 hrs.....be careful!! :lol:

How worldly our neighbours to the south are of the famous BC medicinal plants we have here! :wink2:

So what your saying is meetings will now be catered by April from now on ?,

On a different note, i need a little education here to help in some future purchases i was early in on this razor dropped out long before it hit this price, just so i know going forward do you think this is one of the recent "whoa, that was way out there" endings, or a fair price for what it was
it ended at $41
$Untitled.jpg$Untitled2.jpg
Btw I dont want to flood the thread full of is this a good buy, just wanted a source of reference so i can be patient on the right razors to add

And thank you for the kind words Ken, this is one of the fun threads on here i like my time,... not having the experience to drop an opinion on what would work best for a new guy or how different razors feel (though im working on that) its nice to know there is other ways to hop in, from the fun stuff, to the identification, there is something for everyone in the thread and im glad i popped in !

James , if you asking was $41 fair??? I think so for a cased NEW...BUT hard to tell from pics...but tht looks like the wrong case for that razor....might be wrong..but need more pics...

i thought same thing at least i was unsure what it was,... but those were only pics available so maybe i was right to let it go,... if nothing else ill stay with what im comfortable with and what cased razors i can find on mr razor site for now, thats exactly what i was asking thank you

How worldly our neighbours to the south are of the famous BC medicinal plants we have here! :wink2:

I think many of your southern neighbors visit your fair city for that reason !! I should have been born Canadian....I have a lot of Canadian friends....one of them lives on a little "artist" Gulf island off of Vancouver......sounds perfect....

i thought same thing at least i was unsure what it was,... but those were only pics available so maybe i was right to let it go,... if nothing else ill stay with what im comfortable with and what cased razors i can find on mr razor site for now, thats exactly what i was asking thank you

I would need more pics....but the case appears to be from a 1936 Aristocrat de Lux....might be wrong....but looks very close....here is a pic from a recent thread of the case it appears to be...

attachment.php

:yikes: You have only had my regular if I recall white chocolate macadamia nut cookies I brought over to our friends house in High school...My "secret" cookies are not to be spoken of.....or the Goat gets it! :a51:Yeah I am speaking of Ralph! I also have my bag of onions!

Oh my god!! You remember that day and those cookies over at Gina house on Christmas?? that was 32 years ago!!You were my GF then!! how weird!! I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies .......... my memory is shot.....to much of that medicinal plant in my youth....Arley tells me stuff that I have NO memory at all of....some people I don't even recall.......

looking at how the razor fit into that case is what got me thinking something wasnt right, but then i guess the best advice is simple,.. stick to what your comfortable with so you dont get buyers remorse

Btw new diggs, got me a badge thought after 700 posts i probably wont be going anywhere and this crazy razor and brush thing is going to stick !

looking at how the razor fit into that case is what got me thinking something wasnt right, but then i guess the best advice is simple,.. Stick to what your comfortable with so you dont get buyers remorse

btw new diggs, got me a badge thought after 700 posts i probably wont be going anywhere and this crazy razor and brush thing is going to stick !

woohoo!!!

I remember some things very well others not so well. I remember bringing over my pasta e fagioli another time too. I was a budding cook even back then. do not speak of that eeeeeewww you are like my brother.. Gina was much better suited for you and you two ended up being such a long time couple

Oh my god!! You remember that day and those cookies over at Gina house on Christmas?? that was 32 years ago!!You were my GF then!! how weird!! I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies .......... my memory is shot.....to much of that medicinal plant in my youth....Arley tells me stuff that I have NO memory at all of....some people I don't even recall.......

Guys...thank for answering the call!! I asked everyone to give Big Bull some advice and you guys did!! Bravo!!

Without a doubt! It's much appreciated. I found a website where I could drop $48 shipped for the 2011 R41 and you basically stopped that from happening. I'm not saying I won't order it eventually, as we've discussed, but I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel here. I picked up a Tech at $12 a few weeks ago, and saw just how drastically different it was from my EJ89. I trust your judgement here. I'll give the OC a whirl, and if she'll dance with me then I'll probably take her home. Hmmm, I feel like I'm back in college!

Maybe I'm just drinking whiskey again...

hahaha you crack me up Alex :lol:

geez sounds like alex and april are holding out on me, i never knew there was baked goods lol is there a BOAB thread ? you know Brothers Of Aprils Bakedgoods

hahaha Now that is a GREAT Idea!
yes

That being said...we have LOTS of fun in this thread....some days it can grow by 7-10 pages....!! When I send that first email to everyone that ask to join BOTOC I always give this in my reply:

Let's always make sure we are warm and inviting to guest...answer questions....and still have fun and i'm glad we are doing that!! Many of our new members have been very active...our members from the great white North are proving to be good bros and have become an active part of our crazy shenanigans....they fit in like old timers!!
front and center......
true that............

So what your saying is meetings will now be catered by April from now on ?,

On a different note, i need a little education here to help in some future purchases i was early in on this razor dropped out long before it hit this price, just so i know going forward do you think this is one of the recent "whoa, that was way out there" endings, or a fair price for what it was
it ended at $41
View attachment 246144View attachment 246145
Btw I dont want to flood the thread full of is this a good buy, just wanted a source of reference so i can be patient on the right razors to add

And thank you for the kind words Ken, this is one of the fun threads on here i like my time,... not having the experience to drop an opinion on what would work best for a new guy or how different razors feel (though im working on that) its nice to know there is other ways to hop in, from the fun stuff, to the identification, there is something for everyone in the thread and im glad i popped in !
Thats a Bostoniam case

the razor is worth like 15 to 30 bucks.....the case maybe 10, so itsa good deal.

I remember some things very well others not so well. I remember bringing over my pasta e fagioli another time too. I was a budding cook even back then. do not speak of that eeeeeewww you are like my brother.. Gina was much better suited for you and you two ended up being such a long time couple

I remember drinking sloe gin fizzes over there...drinking cheap italian wine.....and other things....Gina...that Girl broke my heart!!! not as bad as Margot did.....I've had a think for short Italian girls since!

Top Bottom