Tuckaway-SOTD-G_2022-12-10.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band 20/46
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: 1920s Gold Gillette Tuckaway*
Blade: Willy's Premium (3)
ASL: Pashana American Bay Rum

A superb shave. :biggrin:

My new to me (today) New Improved Tuckaway (*it's actually a Milady Décolletée but I believe they're the same barring the plating) was a fantastic surprise. I've always liked the look of the Tuckaway. I've never seen one on eBay UK, so when the Milady popped up I made an offer and it was accepted.

Unless it was a first time fluke, this is now my Top Favorite Razor, bar none. Of course, I'll need to give it several more shaves to see if it was a fluke or not.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

:crying: Am I the only one here? Where's everyone gone?

OC SOTD
Tuckaway-SOTD-O_2022-12-13.jpg

Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: 1920s Gold Gillette Tuckaway
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (10)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

Another fine shave. :biggrin:
The Agrumella soap followed by the good ol' Clubman VIBR ASL was a very complementary mix (to my nose). :bayrum2:

For the last couple of days I decided to give my old Fatip Storto Chrome Original Slant OC razor a go again. I really don't remember why this got added to the "I never use box" of shaving goodies. I coupled it with a Feather and I have to say it gave me a very comfortable 2 pass DFS. I think that of all my razors, if someone was looking for an efficient mild razor, this is what I will recommend. Keep in mind my normal every day razors are the Lupo .95 OC, the GC JAWS .84, and straight razors.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
For the last couple of days I decided to give my old Fatip Storto Chrome Original Slant OC razor a go again. I really don't remember why this got added to the "I never use box" of shaving goodies. I coupled it with a Feather and I have to say it gave me a very comfortable 2 pass DFS. I think that of all my razors, if someone was looking for an efficient mild razor, this is what I will recommend. Keep in mind my normal every day razors are the Lupo .95 OC, the GC JAWS .84, and straight razors.
Fatips are great, and beautiful razors. Every bit as efficient as an Old Type, yet much smoother and lenient on angles. If only alignment didn't take a full minute's work!

I gave mine away so the next sucker can deal with it haha!

Fatips are great, and beautiful razors. Every bit as efficient as an Old Type, yet much smoother and lenient on angles. If only alignment didn't take a full minute's work!

I gave mine away so the next sucker can deal with it haha!
I have not had any alignment issues with the Lo Storto.

:crying: Am I the only one here? Where's everyone gone?

OC SOTD
Tuckaway-SOTD-O_2022-12-13.jpg

Razor: 1920s Gold Gillette Tuckaway
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (10)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

Another fine shave. :biggrin:
The Agrumella soap followed by the good ol' Clubman VIBR ASL was a very complementary mix (to my nose). :bayrum2:

People are probably just getting ready for Christmas.

In my case, I've now been using the Piccolo for weeks on end and it got rather boring posting the same photo over and over again across the various threads I follow 😊

However, I await a Chubby 1 in Super so, fear not, I will be spamming the forum soon enough 😜

OC SOTD
1939-RFB-K_2022-12-17.jpg

Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (13)
ASL: Orange FREEZE [home brew]

A super shave. :biggrin:
After seven shaves with the Tuckaway I went back to my RFB. Like buttah! The RFB takes its place at Number One on the OC razor podium again, relegating the excellent Tuckaway to second place.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
OC SOTD
1939-RFB-K_2022-12-17.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (13)

A super shave. :biggrin:
After seven shaves with the Tuckaway I went back to my RFB. Like buttah! The RFB takes its place at Number One on the OC razor podium again, relegating the excellent Tuckaway to second place.

Nice looking razor Cal.

OC SOTD
1939-RFB-Pu_2022-12-19.jpg

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (14)

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

I decided to give my Wee Scot another few shaves, to get past that seemingly magical 40 count (to kill the scritch). It's really a terrific little brush. Just a single load before my regular face lather gave me well more than enough for the complete shave (as usual :wink2:).

OC SOTD
1939-RFB-Pu_2023-01-06.jpg

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 D01 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (8)
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla

A superb shave. :biggrin:

What a fantastic hardware/software team today! (On first try of Clubman Classic Vanilla ASL, I see why so many say it matches the soap, scent wise.)

Top Bottom