OCtober SOTD

Razor:
New LC
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (1)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: Shave Chaser CK-6
ASL: Shave Chaser

20221027_213830.jpg

I chose my New LC to see how it would handle twelve days worth of stubble, after the 11:00pm slot opened up in the Shaving/Laundry Room.
The 9-10pm slot was open, but with sound effects that start at 9:50pm on que, and last around 45 minutes. I had a cup of coffee.

After face lathering the CK-6 formula for a good five minutes with the Shavemac 22/50 the lather was perfectly runny and I started the shave at my left sideburn for a WTG first pass.
The razor easily whizzed through the stubble on the left side of my face, but clogged enough that I took it apart to rinse.
Same with the right side of my face, and both sides of my neck.

After a thorough rinsing of the New LC, I lathered up with the CK-6 still perfectly runny and warmed up in my PAA brush warmer for the second, ATG pass.

Shaving from the base of my neck upwards is what I call my ATG pass, but once I get to my face I freestyle if the razor permits. And it's a good thing, as the New LC really needed lots of different directions to get all the stubble on the second pass, performing admirably despite the troubling start.

The shave itself was very smooth, and even with the razor clogging up.

The Witch hazel felt warm and fuzzy, the Shave Chaser has an interesting cooling effect, and the Nivea balm was all I needed for a pleasant late night shave.

~doug~

It's the morning now about eight hours after the shave and my face is still smooth!

C5010D1A-664B-4CD2-B7F3-8E3EE2DA2631.jpeg

Halloween Week / Trick or Treet Week / OCtober

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Bandit (prototype) w/ (no lather drains) open comb base plate
Blade: Treet Classic

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Ramblin' Man
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w / Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. - Ramblin' Man
Aftershave Splash: Guerlain Vetiver (used a while afterward)

Today's shave is brought to you buy this Happy (meal) bunch. Let me introduce you to McPunk'n, McGoblin and McBoo.

Some of you may remember these or some of the other variations but these Halloween buckets are very nostalgic toe. So, when McDonald's announced they were bringing them back, I just had to have them.

For today's shave I'm getting one last dance with this absolutely beautiful Bandit by Alpha Shaving Works. Seeing as it's still Open Comb October and that I love this razor's open comb base plate, choosing it was an easy decision.

I paired the razor with the Treet Classic blade that's now quickly becoming a favorite of mine. This shave is the third run with the blade and it performed superbly.

I did a four-pass shave, not so much because it was needed, but more so because I was enjoying this shave and wanted more time with the Bandit. With this said I earned a super smooth bbs shave.

The Stirling Ramblin' Man soap was top-notch and reliable as always. The scent is one of my absolute favorites. It's very smooth and manly. I can't recommend this one enough.

Another fantastic shave in the books on this pre-Halloween weekend.

Ramble on gentlemen and enjoy your shaves.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_9646.png

RAZOR: Blackland Brassbird OC 101mm Handle
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
BRUSH: Elite Razor Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White
LATHER: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ Seville Shaving Soap

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_4437.png

Tuesday 11.08.22
RAZOR: Karve CB brass 3” Gladius plate C Open Comb