Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (23)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
I love this razor (and the rest of the team too, of course). :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Have room for another member?

I started DE shaving in Feb 2022. After I unlearned poor shaving technique from using cartridge razors for years, I took a risk and got the legendary R41. I was pleasantly surprised! The R41 is a great razor for me. My next OC was the Lupo 95. Another win!

OC SOTD
SOTD-FOCS-GT-O_2022-09-18.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Razor: FOCS GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (25)

A fine shave. :biggrin:

I'd forgotten how great the FOCS is, but I did remember to make my lather less runny than usual... as the Fatip Open Combs tend to meter out rinse water as one shaves.

It was another mini Christmas for me today. I saw a Gillette NEW Flat Bottom on eBay.co.uk going for what I thought was a very reasonable BIN price, and snapped it up. I wasn't disappointed. (Details HERE if you're interested.)

OC SOTD
SOTD-NEW-FB-GT-B_2022-09-21.jpg

Razor: Gillette NEW Flat Bottom GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (28)
ASL: Duru Limon Kolonya 80°

A very fine shave. :biggrin:
That was a brilliant first run with my new-to-me NEW.

OCtober 2022 SOTD
1939-RFB-O_2022-10-01.jpg

Soap: Arko
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (7)

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
My 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT remains my top favorite Open Comb. ⭐

• Timeless Ti .95 OC razor in matte.
• PolSilver new blade.
• Executive Shaving Pre-Shave oil.
• Sterling Soap Citron soap.
• Omega boar brush.
• Proraso aftershave for back of neck and chest.
• A splash of witch hazel on face.
• Citron aftershave in picture but not used today.

Todays shave was a pleasure using the Timeless Ti and a new PolSilver. The Omega boar and Citron soap provided a very nice lather. A WTG on the cheeks, mustache and neck, with a XTG on the cheeks and mustache followed by an ATG on the cheeks with a little additional touch up was rewarded with a 10. No nicks, weepers or any kind of fuss. I hope everyone is enjoying this weekend!
52314E4A-E818-4A73-B3E3-8CD5E776B611.jpeg
DBBD9553-BBB2-4B4B-A44C-3D769BDFD0ED.jpeg

Hi folks. Good Afternoon. It’s been awhile. I wish I could hang out around the community more, but my health is such that I am occupied most of the time anymore. Still manage to get a proper shave in once in awhile , but not as often as I used to. It’s hard to maneuver around here he cannula in my nose. It sort of takes some of the enjoyment out of a good shave. Nonetheless though, I still do very much enjoy all aspects of our wet shave Kingdom. Heck, I even manage to make a good razor score once in a while too. I do get a lot of comfort from this hobby. One of the few things left from my old life that I can still participate in. But enough of my meandering. On to today’s BOTOC SOTD!

1930’s Gillette New Deluxe head (15mm) on top of a Pendragon bronze handle.
10 year old Gillette Black blade.
Proraso Red shave soap.
Nivea psb.
Mont Blanc cologne.
Clubmans splash on standby.
EBC patchouli cologne for certain garments.
Old Spice talc for my sweaty palms.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Mormon Bridge, I've been away too. Glad you still have your Pendragon handle. I've been thinking about getting Sculptor Deran Wright to cast a few more. I hope you are well.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
OCtober SOTD

Razor:
Merkur 15C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: Shavemac 26/52
Soap: Ginestra di Taormina
ASL: Black Label Fougere
View attachment 1534467
For my second morning shave of the month I set the alarm for 3:00am, and woke when WhichyPoo told me to turn it off.
Her alarm has been waking me up at 4:30M every since I retired, and this did bring a smile to my face, what can I say.

After feeding Casey, cleaning his cage and giving him some play time, my coffee was ready and it was time for a shave.
I must say the Merkur 15C is the mildest open comb razor in my arsenal, but is fully capable of delivering a close, comfortable shave.
I couldn't feel either the blade or the combs on the first WTG pass, the 15C silently slicing through two days of stubble, a true testament of just how mild this razor is.
On the second ATG pass, mostly S-N, the blade began to sing and I could feel the combs, keeping the cap in contact with my skin as demanded by the design angle, while maintaining a steep approach.
The Shavemac 26/52 was in it's prime this morning also, holding just the right amount of water after a good squeeze and a few dunks in the water mug for a perfectly slick and runny lather, even better on the subsequent lathering's. Great knot.

The end result was a very close shave with a surprise weeper at the base of my neck as the only proof this razor is capable of a nick or two. In my case, the weeper disappeared with with a simple wipe of my finger.
The Witch hazel felt nice and slick, the Black Label Fougere had nary a burn, and the Nivea balm just soaked in nicely.

Yeah, it's not a Wolfman, but it is a worthwhile razor to keep in my travel bag.

~doug~

OCtober 2022 SOTD
1933-SOTD-Y_2022-10-12.jpg

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Razor: 1933 7o'clock FBOC GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (14)

A superb shave. :biggrin:

OCtober 2022 SOTD
1939-RFB-B_2022-10-14.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (16)

A great shave. :biggrin:
My Gillette NEW RFB GT remains my top favorite OC. :sorcerer:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
OCtober SOTD

Razor:
Filament
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (1)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: Shave Chaser CK-6
ASL: Shave Chaser
20221015_120244.jpg

I've been wanting to try the CK-6 shaving soap from PAA for a while, and I needed a refill of Atomic Age Bay Rum too.
But since I already have a Bay Rum soap from Stirling, I wanted to try another scent and the Shave Chaser won out, and I got the aftershave along with it.

I'm also gonna have to blame this on @Cal, because I got the Filament based on his praise for it, and 8 hours after using it on six days worth of stubble my face is still smooth.

~doug~

OCtober 2022 SOTD
1939-RFB-B_2022-10-21.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (22)

A splendid shave. :biggrin:
Using my favorite RFB (after yesterday's King C. Gillette) was definitely a wonderful return to ZenShaveLand. :sorcerer:

8CD335ED-0DC5-4463-A74C-D29564B44196.jpeg

Big Knots Week / Tabactober / OCtober

Prep: Nothing but a nice warm shower

Razor: Gillette NEW Deluxe 1931 (#5134)
Blade: Persona Platinum Chrome

Soap: Tabac Original (tallow)
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Musk
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Being that it's Clubman Friday I wanted to mix things up so I paired some Clubman Musk with the always wondered Tabac soap.

I did a three-pass shave with some cleanup and earned a nice bbs face. I do have to say though that I'm still feeling a small bit of irritation after a handful of hours. I believe this is most likely due to being a little too aggressive myself with the cleanup. The Persona blade is pretty good, sharp blade if I do say. This definitely played a part.

Overall another really nice shave today.

Enjoy your shaves gentlemen!

Top Bottom