What's new

BRITISH vs. INDIAN YARDLEY'S TALCUM

Recently purchased some Yardley Rose talcum made in India . The scent of fresh cut roses, very palpable aroma, very accurate as well.. Though I'd like to have the best , so I ordered a tin made in England . What a mistake! The British talc was underwhelming. Hardly any scent , and not accurate at all . I have read the reviews of the current British Yardley lavender talc , also seems to have been severely cut in quality, whilst the Indian version I have is very pleasant . I'll stick with the Indian Yardley from now on, also the 3 men's talcs I have are all excellent !
IMG_0730.JPG

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Sadly I am not surprised. I have used Yardley products for more than 40 years but the modern Yardley items I have used I have not liked. In the UK, Yardley is now an old person's brand and desperately unfashionable amongst the young. They have gone from a luxury item to one found in thrift stores. Sadly, like Barbour jackets, Dr.Marten boots, Levi jeans, Dyson, Hunter Wellington boots, Cussons Imperial Leather, and many others, they have chased increasing profit year on year and quality has noticeably suffered. I use, and love vintage Yardley products, but modern Yardley items are sadly of no interest to me and I would not recommend them.

Top Bottom