What's new

British Gold Rocket cleaned up really nicely!

So, I finally got this thing (I bought it for my brother, who found it online, and then gave it to me for xmas...no surprise but very cool nonetheless.

Here are the post-cleanup pics, pretty cool. There's some plate loss on the safety bar and edge of the doors but, to me, it only shows it was used a lot but it was treated nicely so it's still a very handsome razor.

$IMG_2608.jpg$IMG_2609.jpg$IMG_2610.jpg

Thank you gentlemen, I tried it about 30 minutes ago and can't believe how smooth it was. Very similar to my british tech, which is to say unbelievably smooth...

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Lovely specimen you found there! I just spent 15 minutes looking for mine for tomorrow's shave ... now I'm bummed I can't find it.

The Brits did a good job on those but my plating is worn too, more on the handle. Congrats!!

It's indeed a very nice find and, as I've written, just finding razors in the wild around here is an exceptionnal event...

Thank you gentlemen, still impressed with yesterday's shave. I have to say: the 3 british gillettes I own are just incredibly smoother than anything else I've tried so far.

So, I finally got this thing (I bought it for my brother, who found it online, and then gave it to me for xmas...no surprise but very cool nonetheless.

Here are the post-cleanup pics, pretty cool. There's some plate loss on the safety bar and edge of the doors but, to me, it only shows it was used a lot but it was treated nicely so it's still a very handsome razor.

View attachment 713897View attachment 713898View attachment 713899

Looks perfect, like a well loved and well used razor should....enjoy! :thumbup1:

Congratulations, Rockets are great shavers, and extremely well built. The gold Rockets seem to be pretty hard to find without major plating loss. I gave one to my son, but most of the plating is gone, especially on the handle, but it's still pretty good on the head. I picked another one up, but I've actually never shaved with it because it's plating is in great shape. I have a nickel Rocket, so I'm not missing anything by keeping it for posterity.

$IMG_20170106_000504.jpg

Wow, amazing looking razor you have there!. the plating loss on mine is subtle and doesn't show much so I'm lucky... I'm not that much of a collector, just happy to have a few nice razors!

Top Bottom