What's new

Brisk by Barbasol

The green notes in Brisk remind me of Lilac Vegetal's green notes, a sweet pea sort of aroma. It has a bracing quality in that regard. Skin Bracer is more a lavender bomb, in comparison, it's more mellow in character. The grene notes give Brisk a fresh, sport scent type vibe. In fact, Old Spice Pure Sport has a similar character to this fragrance, but more refined.

The menthol kick of Brisk is incredible (one of these days I'll have to try Osage Rub, it would probably make a good hair tonic, also).

Last edited:
You guys think that the Brisk is good, try the Barbasol Pacific Rush if you can find it.
Aftershaves seem to be a dying breed in stores. My brother never uses aftershave of any kind, for instance. Younger people are experimenting with fragrances through soaps and deodorants, not aftershave.

Aftershave gels and balms seems to be the big thing now. And I do think they made a Pacific Rush balm, I've seen it on eBay, BTW.

Brisk reminds me of Skin Bracer, but better. But the powder thing is no bueno for me.
The Pacific Rush I have seems way milder in all regards, it has a very subtle fragrance, that sorta reminds me of some kind of mouthwash, but in a good way. There's less menthol too, which is a plus.

Brisk has more oakmoss and green aldehydes compared to Skin Bracer, and it's less sweet.

I think Skin Bracer is a classier fragrance overall, but they are both decent.

Aftershaves seem to be a dying breed in stores. My brother never uses aftershave of any kind, for instance. Younger people are experimenting with fragrances through soaps and deodorants, not aftershave.

Aftershave gels and balms seems to be the big thing now. And I do think they made a Pacific Rush balm, I've seen it on eBay, BTW.
Yep, but the PR balm is not the same....less menthol and slightly different smell. Still okay, but not as good as the splash.