What's new

Brisk by Barbasol

The green notes in Brisk remind me of Lilac Vegetal's green notes, a sweet pea sort of aroma. It has a bracing quality in that regard. Skin Bracer is more a lavender bomb, in comparison, it's more mellow in character. The grene notes give Brisk a fresh, sport scent type vibe. In fact, Old Spice Pure Sport has a similar character to this fragrance, but more refined.

The menthol kick of Brisk is incredible (one of these days I'll have to try Osage Rub, it would probably make a good hair tonic, also).

Last edited:
You guys think that the Brisk is good, try the Barbasol Pacific Rush if you can find it.

Aftershaves seem to be a dying breed in stores. My brother never uses aftershave of any kind, for instance. Younger people are experimenting with fragrances through soaps and deodorants, not aftershave.

Aftershave gels and balms seems to be the big thing now. And I do think they made a Pacific Rush balm, I've seen it on eBay, BTW.

Brisk reminds me of Skin Bracer, but better. But the powder thing is no bueno for me.
The Pacific Rush I have seems way milder in all regards, it has a very subtle fragrance, that sorta reminds me of some kind of mouthwash, but in a good way. There's less menthol too, which is a plus.

Brisk has more oakmoss and green aldehydes compared to Skin Bracer, and it's less sweet.

I think Skin Bracer is a classier fragrance overall, but they are both decent.

Aftershaves seem to be a dying breed in stores. My brother never uses aftershave of any kind, for instance. Younger people are experimenting with fragrances through soaps and deodorants, not aftershave.

Aftershave gels and balms seems to be the big thing now. And I do think they made a Pacific Rush balm, I've seen it on eBay, BTW.

Yep, but the PR balm is not the same....less menthol and slightly different smell. Still okay, but not as good as the splash.

I have B.B. and I really like it-in the right situation. It has a ‘green’ fresh note to it that works
well in warm weather. There is also a vanilla note that lends itself to cooler weather.
Finally, it has a strong ‘minty’ note because of the menthol in it. That definitely works in hot
weather. As a result, I find it works the best early in the fall, when it’s hot like summer.
Then when the weather cools off a little, and you don’t need as much menthol, I switch to
Skin Bracer, which basically has the same scent with less menthol and a little more vanilla.
It does contain propylene glycol, so you can wear it in normal humidity.
So if it’s not too humid and not too dry, it’s the perfect a/s for the situation.

And their in lyes the problem. You don’t wear aftershave for scent, that’s what cologne is for.
You apply a/s to take care of your skin after you shave, hence the name aftershave.
What the heck do soaps and deodorant have to do with shaving?
The only reason to use a/s is for the alcohol. They put a little scent in it to cover up the alcohol.
Look at any cologne that has a matching a/s, the cologne will be twice as expensive.
That’s because it has more scent, which have to be extracted, and blended, which is costly.
A/s doesn’t need as much scent, so it doesn’t cost as much.
Didn’t any of you younger guys have dads or grandfathers around to teach you these things?
Some people’s children!

And their in (therein) lyes (lies) the problem. You (I) don’t wear aftershave for scent, that’s what cologne is for.
You (I) apply a/s to take care of your (my) skin after you (I) shave, hence the name aftershave.
Fixed it for ya.
Many of us do select some aftershaves for their scent any many of us do not wish to wear colognes or EdTs.
Whatever floats your boat.

Fixed it for ya.
Many of us do select some aftershaves for their scent any many of us do not wish to wear colognes or EdTs.
Whatever floats your boat.
Thanks for fixing the spelling for me, I’m not a big computer guy(obviously).
All I was saying was, aftershave is not primarily a scent. It’s made to take care of your skin
post shave. As cologne is made to project a scent. I only use cologne myself, for evening wear.
That doesn’t mean you can’t wear it for whatever reason you want. It’s your property
you can do what you want. If you wanted to, you could buy dinnerware plates and use them
for frisbees, they’re your property, but that’s not what they’re made for

Top Bottom