What's new

Bought Tea off Ebay now I have question?

I made an impulse purchase on Ebay. I bought 2008 Menghai 7562 Classics Aged Pu’er Puerh Ripe Brick Tea 250g. I drink a lot of Gunpowder tea and thought I would try something new. What do I do with it? How long should I sweep it?
$7562 tea.JPG$tea brick.jpg

Hello Bobbers -
What you have purchased is pu-erh tea. I cannot verify the authenticity of the tea since there is much counterfeiting in this market. I specialize in pu-erh tea but still cannot verify the authenticity from pictures. Given that this is a 2008 tea, it should still be perfectly fine for consumption. Pu-erh actually gets better with age so the date of production does not present a problem.
There are two categories of pu-erh tea, raw and ripe (there are various other terms for these categories but you can check that out elsewhere). The tea that you have purchased is a ripe or fermented tea.
Steeping instructions: Take a small amount of tea, approximately 5-7 grams. Place it in your infusing vessel of choice. Pour boiling water over the tea and let it sit for approximately 30 seconds. Pour off this first infusion and do not drink. Allow the tea to sit for approximately 1-2 minutes so that the leaves can open up a little. Pour boiling water on the tea again and let it sit for approximately 30 seconds again. Some people discard this second infusion and others drink it; I generally discard it since this type of tea can be infused many times. Infuse the tea a third time for approximately 30 seconds (some will infuse for much longer if they like a stronger tasting tea). Increase the infusion times in subsequent infusions. You will probably get over ten infusions from this ripe pu-erh tea.

Drop me a line if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Steve
www.JAS-eTea.com
www.facebook.com/JASeTea
[email protected]

Thank you for the information. I will be trying the tea this weekend. Trying something new will be fun.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hello Bobbers -
What you have purchased is pu-erh tea. I cannot verify the authenticity of the tea since there is much counterfeiting in this market. I specialize in pu-erh tea but still cannot verify the authenticity from pictures. Given that this is a 2008 tea, it should still be perfectly fine for consumption. Pu-erh actually gets better with age so the date of production does not present a problem.
There are two categories of pu-erh tea, raw and ripe (there are various other terms for these categories but you can check that out elsewhere). The tea that you have purchased is a ripe or fermented tea.
Steeping instructions: Take a small amount of tea, approximately 5-7 grams. Place it in your infusing vessel of choice. Pour boiling water over the tea and let it sit for approximately 30 seconds. Pour off this first infusion and do not drink. Allow the tea to sit for approximately 1-2 minutes so that the leaves can open up a little. Pour boiling water on the tea again and let it sit for approximately 30 seconds again. Some people discard this second infusion and others drink it; I generally discard it since this type of tea can be infused many times. Infuse the tea a third time for approximately 30 seconds (some will infuse for much longer if they like a stronger tasting tea). Increase the infusion times in subsequent infusions. You will probably get over ten infusions from this ripe pu-erh tea.

Drop me a line if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Steve
www.JAS-eTea.com
www.facebook.com/JASeTea
[email protected]
This is an aweome reply!

I just got around to trying the tea. Interesting to brew. My first impressions are the smell of the brewed tea was that it smelled very earthy kind of like a barn yard. The taste is nothing like the smell for me. I have had a couple of cups and am enjoying the new tea. The flavor is pleasant for me. Thank you for the advice on how to brew it.

I just got around to trying the tea. Interesting to brew. My first impressions are the smell of the brewed tea was that it smelled very earthy kind of like a barn yard. The taste is nothing like the smell for me. I have had a couple of cups and am enjoying the new tea. The flavor is pleasant for me. Thank you for the advice on how to brew it.

You are quite welcome, my friend.
Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
Steve
www.JAS-eTea.com
http://JASeTea.com

Top Bottom