What's new

Bought an electric razor

So, I work for Panasonic, and they had a Christmas employee bonus: they'd re-imburse you up to $200 in purchases at the employee store.

I bought a bread machine, but still had like $80 left over, so I got this beauty of an electric razor.

It was about 8 years ago, when I was searching online to try and find replacement blades for my last electric razor that I came across B&B and the world of wetshaving.

Last I recall is that the electric gave me some ingrown hairs. But that was before I learned about proper shave prep, etc. I'm going to try this bad boy out with a properly whipped up lather, etc, etc. Perhaps the electric shave tech has also improved in the past 8 years? This little gem claims "30 degree nanotech blades", so that's gotta be worth something, right?

Well, I will as soon as I shave my winter beard off, that is...

In the meantime, the wife gets to use it for her legs (I purchased a spare set of blades as well)

Attachments

• $electric.jpg
    $electric.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 120
My last electric was a Braun, and what soured me on that is that after a week the new blades I installed were noticeably duller. Hope you have better luck.

I don't know what to think of wetshaving with an electric. Just can't picture it or how you can keep it clean.

The last shave I ever had with an electric I did use my newly arrived shave soap and brush while awaiting my DE razor delivery. It was pretty close to BBS from what I recall. Prior to that I usually just shaved with water in the shower with that electric.

Not being able to strop, nor hone is definitely an issue....

BTW, I'm afraid I may be regressing here at B&B--I currently have a beard and just bought and electric razor. It may be time for an intervention soon...

Nice to see you here. My thread just got moved here...

This is an ersatz leper colony subforum for the Undesireables who choose to dabble in the dark arts of carts and electrics apparently....

:thumbup:

In regards to your thread:
As an employee, and company shill, I would wholeheartedly recommend a Panasonic brand electric razor for your teen!

last time I used an electric was before you could use them in the shower (except for me beard trimmer). You had to wash your face, apply the electric pre-shave and then clean out the stubble with a brush every time you shaved. And even then it was a very poor shave.

I have a Panasonic similar to that but a bit lower in the lineup I think. It's pretty good for wet shaving. Not so great dry.

My review:

A nice piece of equipment. Well made, high quality, feels good in your hand.

Performance: Well, I was just shaving my neck below my beard, so take that for what it's worth. I lathered up some Mike's shave soap, and had at it. The shave felt fine, buzzing around my neck, I went over everywhere a few times, occasionally washing the razor off. Result? Mostly a smooth finish, but a few spots where the growth is rather arbitrary it missed some whiskers, even after repeatedly going back on a search and destroy mission to get them.

Conclusion: I'll stick to my Schick Extreme 3 disposos if I need a "speed shave" instead of taking the time for a proper straight shave. This fine electric razor will be headed for EBay in the near future...

My review:

A nice piece of equipment. Well made, high quality, feels good in your hand.

Performance: Well, I was just shaving my neck below my beard, so take that for what it's worth. I lathered up some Mike's shave soap, and had at it. The shave felt fine, buzzing around my neck, I went over everywhere a few times, occasionally washing the razor off. Result? Mostly a smooth finish, but a few spots where the growth is rather arbitrary it missed some whiskers, even after repeatedly going back on a search and destroy mission to get them.

Conclusion: I'll stick to my Schick Extreme 3 disposos if I need a "speed shave" instead of taking the time for a proper straight shave. This fine electric razor will be headed for EBay in the near future...

Sounds like you can turn a profit on ebay so you may want to go that route, but ......

If you want to try to squeeze a better performance out of it, be sure that you are stretching your skin and using a light touch. You might also want to try a dry shave with some talcum powder for comparison.

Also, you may want to use it for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. The manufacturers call this a "beard adjustment" which I call baloney, but I do think that there are some nuances of technique that get better with a little use.

Top Bottom