What's new

Bootlegger's Brigands!

IMG_2467.jpeg
All this talk of green freeze and the temperature today made it an easy choice

This is a wise strategy I personally use in my life for many things including aftershave.

Beans, bullets & band-aids. :)

Always hope for the best, but always prepared for the worst. :)
Agreed. I think there’s two reasons people are moving away from the traditional “old school” aftershaves (old spice, brut, skin bracer, etc). First is what I’ll call the “axe effect.” The younger generation wanting strong (long lasting), over the top, “modern” scents like what you see in axe and the new old spice scents. Second is that I think people are getting fed up with the cost of shaving so they’re not shaving as often if at all

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Gentlemen, just to let you know I just sent an email to Colgate-Palmolive and asked them if Skin Bracer was being discontinued.

I will let you know what they say when I get a reply back.

I also requested that they bring back some of the older Skin Bracer splashes such as Sport Talc, Cool Spice, Dry Lime, etc. but we all know that's not going to happen. ;)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Gentlemen, just to let you know I just sent an email to Colgate-Palmolive and asked them if Skin Bracer was being discontinued.

I will let you know what they say when I get a reply back.

I also requested that they bring back some of the older Skin Bracer splashes such as Sport Talc, Cool Spice, Dry Lime, etc. but we all know that's not going to happen. ;)

If they do bring them back, I nominate you for Man of the Year! :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Agreed. I think there’s two reasons people are moving away from the traditional “old school” aftershaves (old spice, brut, skin bracer, etc). First is what I’ll call the “axe effect.” The younger generation wanting strong (long lasting), over the top, “modern” scents like what you see in axe and the new old spice scents. Second is that I think people are getting fed up with the cost of shaving so they’re not shaving as often if at all

It’s almost like, what’s old is new again. 80’s splashes were all kinds of strong & powerful, a little went along way. Then they watered them down and kept watering them down. I have a couple of cans of Axe body spray, one shot from the can and my wife is running out of a foggy bathroom choking and gasping! :)

It’s almost like, what’s old is new again. 80’s splashes were all kinds of strong & powerful, a little went along way. Then they watered them down and kept watering them down. I have a couple of cans of Axe body spray, one shot from the can and my wife is running out of a foggy bathroom choking and gasping! :)
Know what you mean by a little going a long way. When one of the managers at where I work started working there you could always tell when he was around because of that. Sometimes I think axe should be considered chemical warfare due to the intensity.

The watering down of and/or changing of the classic scents could also be a factor in seeing fewer of them on store shelves.

Know what you mean by a little going a long way. When one of the managers at where I work started working there you could always tell when he was around because of that. Sometimes I think axe should be considered chemical warfare due to the intensity.

The watering down of and/or changing of the classic scents could also be a factor in seeing fewer of them on store shelves.
When my son was younger I used to chaperone a week long camp for kids every summer. All the boys decided they could skip their showers and just douse themselves with Axe every day to try to mask their funk. We ended up banning energy drinks and Axe after a few years.

I loaded up my mini-van and drove about 6 or 7 of them home at the end of one of those weeks on a two hour drive. My van smelled like Axe funky teenage feet for years after that. It was terrible.

Top Bottom