What's new

Boot Camp

I'm assuming Clark Kent'd= BCG's( Birth control glasses for the uninformed) and the answer is yes.

I can picture the Di handing them to my fellow poor visioned friends saying..... " The days of you trying to get with Miss Sally with the pretty pink panties is OVER!"

In USMC boot camp I think the haircuts cost us 3 bucks each time. Kinda pricey for a buzz cut with lots of bleeding. They should comp us for the blood donation!

In reflecting on Boot Camp and military life in general I would suggest the lesson here is even though you are within the rules and do things correct there are unfai an unepected consequences.

Press on.

Satch

Well, it's supposed to be a roller coaster to his senses, to make him feel that what he gives up is worth being part of the company....whether he likes it or not:

'Do you think you're special curly, you're too good for an Army haircut. Come here with your $40 salon haircut and stand in line; butt to toe everybody'....

Show up with a haircut, you get another one; I showed up with a couple of month's worth of hair because I knew I was getting a haircut....Willy Nelson was the term my CC (Company Commander) used to describe me, even though there where other guys with longer hair than me, it's all part of the drill.

The best one I've read somewhere: 'Son, I can't make you do everything I want; I can make you wish you did though'

When I enlisted in the Navy in 1972 we were issued our normal clothing issue and a pair of boondockers and we did everything in those shoes. Years later when my sons enlisted I was suprised when they were issued running shoes and sweats to to PT in. Things have changed a lot and I am not sure for the better! I heard the Marine Corp. drill instructors can not use and abuse like they used to......

My USAF basic training was for only 6 weeks long. Granted it is not known for being the hardest training in the military but there were some guys that just couldn't handle it. For the most part I flew thru it. But that may have been because I went to Catholic school.:eek: Those nuns and brothers made my instructors look like sensitivity trainers.:lol:

David

Show up with a haircut, you get another one; I showed up with a couple of month's worth of hair because I knew I was getting a haircut....Willy Nelson was the term my CC (Company Commander) used to describe me, even though there where other guys with longer hair than me, it's all part of the drill.
I had a guy in my company in basic who was a Native American and showed up direct from the reservation. Navajo I remember... Anyway he hadn't had a haircut since childhood. And man did he have some fine black hair down to the small of his back. He never looked the same with a skin job.

The best one I've read somewhere: 'Son, I can't make you do everything I want; I can make you wish you did though'

Best one I ever heard was:
"Son, did your mother ever think about an abortion?"
"No, Drill Sergeant!"
"Well, dammit, she should have!"

M

modern man

I can picture the Di handing them to my fellow poor visioned friends saying..... " The days of you trying to get with Miss Sally with the pretty pink panties is OVER!"

Mine told me they were an improvement.

'Do you think you're special curly, you're too good for an Army haircut. Come here with your $40 salon haircut and stand in line; butt to toe everybody'....

We all know they did not say "toe"

Best one I ever heard was:
"Son, did your mother ever think about an abortion?"
"No, Drill Sergeant!"
"Well, dammit, she should have!"

I got... "you &^%$ make me want to vote pro choice."

Here is a funny boot camp story.

White guy (very country... forget where) walks up to an African American (from the Bronx), touches him and says "I never seen a real life *explicit deleted* before.

Now I am bout 5'11" - 6' (depending on what 7-11 I am walking out of) and a little over 200 (at the time). It took me and 3 other dudes bigger then me to hold him down.

Here is a funny boot camp story.

White guy (very country... forget where) walks up to an African American (from the Bronx), touches him and says "I never seen a real life *explicit deleted* before.

Now I am bout 5'11" - 6' (depending on what 7-11 I am walking out of) and a little over 200 (at the time). It took me and 3 other dudes bigger then me to hold him down.

Craziness... :lol::lol:

Something like that happened to me twice in Central NY. Driving up to Syracuse University, you'll find a lot country folk. My dad and I would stop for gas and food. I distinctly remember people staring at us in that, "They're so bigger in real life" way. There was a guy behind the counter at a Mobil mart pretending not to be afraid of me. I almost told him to hand over the cash but I didn't want to promote a stereotype.

I also had white friends from Maine and Vermont at SU who would say stuff like, "You're my first black friend." Being the sarcastic guy that I am, I'd respond with gems like, "Who you callin' 'black'? I'm dark skin-ded."

Good times.. :lol:

Boot? Looking back on it, I had a blast. Running around passageways that were so full of smoke that a blind man could see better, tripping over knee-knockers, dragging sandbag dummies all over the damned place. I actually enjoyed it a lot. Wasn't too bad after a year at North Georgia in the Corps of Cadets (for those of you who don't know, North Georgia College & State University is one of the 6 DOD approved military colleges along with the Citadel, Norwich, VMI, and the rest). We didn't do a lot of outdoor running up at Great Lakes in the winter of 2003. They said it was a safety hazzard or something.

Funny story, we had our own Pvt. Pyle in our ship's company, con't remember his name. I ended up responsible for him. I have no clue why he enlisted, he was an engineer of some variety, but the guy couldn't even make his bunk or dress himself properly. We went into the Confidence Chamber (CS baby!!! Oh yeah!!!) and when we were told to don and clear our masks, the guy just sets the thing on his head like a damned hat. He was about 6 rows back. Once about 4 groups had removed their masks and stood there till a petty officer came down the line to ask us for our SSNs, he was finally noticed by our CO outside the chamber (they had a nice window looking into the chamber). He raised holly hell about this guy standing in the CS with his mask perched on his head and no one noticing it. Lucky for him the gas didn't bother him at all. It cleard my sinuses out better than anything I've ever experianced... anybody got some CS I can have for medicinal purposes?

Thank your brother for his service and tell him to do what is expected of him, what he is told, and not to get too upset about the mindgames. It is part of the experiance that creates the bond between service members. As we were told, "A bitching sailor is a happy sailor." Same can be said of Marines, soldiers, and airmen.

Hah!
Even with the offer of FREE haircuts, a lot of sailors went to a civilian barber when ashore, and paid through the nose to have their hair cut by an attractive woman rather than a grumpy old guy.

Hee, Hee.

I used to go to a lady barber in Dunoon, Scotland when I was stationed there. Very attractive middle aged lady (yep, believe it or not Helen Mirren is not the last surviving specimen of milfus britanius) who wore a delightful lavender and spice perfume. Hair wash, scalp massage,cut (all with scissors - no clipper) and a straight shave for the neck for eight pounds. She never wanted for customers.

When I got to Fort Hood haircuts were $3.75 and we had a pretty decent barber in the little barber shop/PX over on West Fort Hood. I never went downtown much for a cut, but this one shop with some little Korean girls did wonders for $15.

:lol::lol::lol: now that is funny :lol::lol::lol:

My daddy warned me about those places, he said they were clip joints.:lol::lol::lol:

Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.:lol::lol::lol:

... anybody got some CS I can have for medicinal purposes?

At one point in time I had half a case (6) of CS smokers in my car trunk. We had them left over from an infiltration range and I was told to "make 'em disappear!" My cousin told that when he was an E-6 instructor at Ft Jackson, he had to take a class by the ATF just to pop off smoke grenades and arty simulators.

Funny CS story: When I was going through basic they had a camera crew following us around to shoot film for the trainee video. They have me coming out red faced and drippy. They caught a female trainee coming out gasping and coughing. They keep the camera on her as she drops to her knees but manage to turn away just in time. But you can definetly hear the splatter! My four year old watching it and at night asking me to tell him that story.

Shagnasty said:
My daddy warned me about those places, he said they were clip joints.

Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

I was just talking about the scalp massage and neck rub, wink wink!

Top Bottom