What's new

Bolzano is made by Lord in Egypt since 2020?

According to the Rasoigoodfellas website, the Bolzano blades are no longer made in Germany and are now (since 2020) made by Lord in Egypt. Not sure if people know about this or if it's true, but I didn't know about it and decided to share it. Maybe those who shave with Bolzano for a while now can tell us more if the pre 2020 blades are the same or different than the currently manufactured ones.

fdfdfd.jpg

Yeah, it's such a shame that German made blades are bad in general. I have a pack of German Personna blades that I need to try at some point.

I suspect current German personnas may have been made in Israel but packed in Germany. They seem identical to me. I have both packs. These are the blue ones that look like the red ip’s.

Yeah, some people claim that the Israeli and the German Personna blades are identical and I think i've read somewhere that Personna/Edgewell moved its production and machines from Israel to Germany. I also forgot about the German Wilkinson Sword blades, which are not bad at all and I think they are the only German blade that i've tried.

Last edited:

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I don't think that's cool. These were good blades when produced in Germany. Not saying that Lord blades are bad, they are pretty cool all in all, but I find it weird that someone would transfer the Bolzano production to Egypt. It was top brand and also expensive. After shifting the production to Egypt I guess the price will go sharply down.

Well we don't claim, as Italians, Bolzano is an Italian blade. It once was but the brand was sold some decades ago and became a German product. Just like Lamborghini cars or Ducati motorcycles. Italians have some crazy tastes about blades, they love the infamous Elios and Astra blades and the obscure Morris blades have a cult following.
Feintechnik blades don't work for me even if Bolzanos weren't the worst. Egyptian blades are a hit or miss: Silver Star, Shark, Racer and Asco are all decent blades, hopefully the new Bolzano are in that league.

According to the Rasoigoodfellas website, the Bolzano blades are no longer made in Germany and are now (since 2020) made by Lord in Egypt. Not sure if people know about this or if it's true, but I didn't know about it and decided to share it. Maybe those who shave with Bolzano for a while now can tell us more if the pre 2020 blades are the same or different than the currently manufactured ones.

View attachment 1194672

Thanks for the information!! Perhaps worth another try.

Elios blades are now made in Egypt too. For what I've read both Bolzano and Elios brands are now owned by "Nuova Lama Bolzano srl" (Italian for New Bolzano blade ltd.) and sub-contracted to Lord. The new company is pushing the Elios here in Italy and started sponsoring some barber shops and youtubers in an attempt to promote it as the professional blade of choice in Italy.

I don't have other info about Bolzano but at the end of 2020 a new platinum coated Elios was introduced. A German laboratory tested them and declares the new blade is 30+% sharper and more longeve than the old one.

Seeing all this action, thriller, suspense in the DE blade world, Gillette multi blade cartridge story seems like a sleeping giant.

Top Bottom