What's new

Boar brush recommendations please

I need to replace a tired boar brush, and I'm looking for one with a lot of backbone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The 10049 is a nice brush, but just a bit too big for me. I much prefer the 10066, which is a bit smaller has a fair bit of backbone and will splay very nicely, once broken in, if you like to face lather.

My Omega 10005 knot was recently rehomed. I used it yesterday and I still say that brush is a real bargain at $15.00 cad.
IMG_5876.jpeg

I like most boar brush brands. The Omega medium knot is a good one, 24mm x 55 loft, thereabouts. Brushes featuring that knot are 10066, 11137, 10081 among others. I like the 11137 a lot with its ash wood handle in an urn shape. It's a really nice brush for the money.

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll check out some of them. Being a ‘face scrubber’ I like all the backbone I can get. Thanks again.

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll check out some of them. Being a ‘face scrubber’ I like all the backbone I can get. Thanks again.

I'll mention one more favorite. If you are looking for backbone and like to face lather, take a look at the Semogue C5 Torga, 24mm x 50mm loft, solid resin handle (the logo is a decal and can be easily removed leaving a plain black handle, BTW). The Semogue SOC boars can be kind of floppy, but this one is certainly not.

1701380614255.png

I have realised that if you are face-lathering I need to mention the 10108. Not quite as big a knot as the 10049 and not quite as stiff, but still a nice big comfortable handle and splays nicely on the face.

Hell. Omegas are cheap. Get a couple of different models and see what you think. I am betting you will find something to like in whatever models you choose!

Well being frugal you don't need spend $200.00 for a Big Name Brush to make Lather, I think I own 3 brushes today most expensive one was 20 bucks, cheapest was 7 bucks. They work for me, I honestly do not know what a 100, or 200 Brush would do better, then the ElChepo Trio.:letterk1:

Well being frugal you don't need spend $200.00 for a Big Name Brush to make Lather, I think I own 3 brushes today most expensive one was 20 bucks, cheapest was 7 bucks. They work for me, I honestly do not know what a 100, or 200 Brush would do better, than the ElChepo Trio.:letterk1:
Sorry, but it is almost impossible to spend even close to $200 for a boar brush so not sure where you are looking or what brushes you are looking at. Actually, even spending over $40 is tough.

A high end Zenith or Semogue SOC boar is only $35-39. Without a custom gold or Tiffany silver handle, that is about as Big Name and as expensive as it gets for boar brushes.

Sorry, but it is almost impossible to spend even close to $200 for a boar brush so not sure where you are looking or what brushes you are looking at. Actually, even spending over $40 is tough.

A high end Zenith or Semogue SOC boar is only $35-39. Without a custom gold or Tiffany silver handle, that is about as Big Name and as expensive as it gets for boar brushes.

Pardom me ik was referencing High End Brushes that do cost 200bucks plus, personally don't get it. but it is like experience I have never had pricy brush. Or driving 3.5 Million Dollar Bugatti.

Pardom me ik was referencing High End Brushes that do cost 200bucks plus, personally don't get it. but it is like experience I have never had pricy brush. Or driving 3.5 Million Dollar Bugatti.
Different strokes but don’t knock it until you have tried it, I guess. 🤷‍♂️ I have a $200 Simpson Chubby 2 Silvertip Badger and it is fantastic. Most of my brushes are much cheaper though. Boars are not expensive.

Funny enough and I am not making this up, my boss actually has a Bugatti Chiron. I haven’t been in it, but to each their own. It is carbon fibre and hand made apparently. Not my thing, but Rolex vs. Timex and getting from A to B and all that. No right or wrong. Spend your $$$ as you see fit.

Top Bottom