What's new

Bluetooth Earpieces - anyone wear them?

No..they're simply too, too, too.....

No, I don't want to be that guy. It's a phone, not a fashion statement.

Nope. I like to be complicated. You know, go through the hardwork of actually stop what I'm doing and put the phone up to my ear. I like to treat phone calls like conversations in person: don't be doing something else while talking. And my main reason for no use of Bluetooth? You don't know when someone is talking to you half the time. I can't count how many times I've spoken to someone whom I thought was talking to me, only to be given a rude look and make me feel like I'm a moron.

I personally do not use one, but I don't mind them on others as much as some people do. Cell phone holsters, on the other hand, don't even get me started.

I had 3 of em..meh..always fell apart one way or another..wired stereo headsets really are a notch up on sound..IMO

I have one. I've used it maybe twice. Don't care for it. My brother-in-law's is surgically attached to his ear.

I have a Nokia something-r-other. I bought it because it was cheap, and it automatically turns on and connects when I remove it from it's holster. A nice design for infrequent use. Phone rings, remove it from the holster, stick in the ear and it answers before the third ring. Put back in the holster and it disconnects from the phone.

I use the

VXi BlueParrott® B250-XT

(It's a link)
I've used it and it's predecessor for a bunch of years. Need a new one about every 3.5 years.
The model I prefer is over the head with a boom mike.
It allows me to hear and be heard while walking outside and the wind picks up. I can talk in the car with the window open. I wear it while driving....Jersey it's the law... and round the house, while I go out for walks..It allows great versatility with my phone conversations...
People are not aware when I transition from driving to parking, going into the house and into the house.
I've bought mine on EBAY, not refurbished, for considerable savings over the other sources of this tool.
AND..I'm 59 yrs and worked in loud industries for all my life... Hearing isn't GREAT...I'm told I keep the TV too loud.

I have a JAWBONE model ???? and it's good but I can't keep the damn thing from falling out of my ear. NOT AS GOOD as the BLUEPARROTT.
Tom

Yes I use a Jawbone headset when I drive. It's kinda the law here :lol:
I too had an issue with it falling out of my ear but the earloop included with the jawbone fixed that issue.

Have one, don't use it. Speaker phone setting in the car. And, let me be the first to say, Joe Schmoe looks like a total idiot when he's wearing one like a piece of jewelry or in case someone just happens to call.

I've used some cheapies before and hated everything about them. I since got a much better Motorola one for work, and while I still don't use it unless I'm driving, at least it works really well.

Honestly,,,I really don't care how I look and what others think. Just curious as to what is good out there. "The day you don't give a **** about what others think is the day you become an adult".

I can see why you would use when when driving - I don't drive here so I have no need for one - but lots of people here wear them just wandering round the streets. Seems a little odd to me.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I use the

VXi BlueParrott® B250-XT

(It's a link)
I've used it and it's predecessor for a bunch of years. Need a new one about every 3.5 years.
The model I prefer is over the head with a boom mike.
It allows me to hear and be heard while walking outside and the wind picks up. I can talk in the car with the window open. I wear it while driving....Jersey it's the law... and round the house, while I go out for walks..It allows great versatility with my phone conversations...
People are not aware when I transition from driving to parking, going into the house and into the house.
I've bought mine on EBAY, not refurbished, for considerable savings over the other sources of this tool.
AND..I'm 59 yrs and worked in loud industries for all my life... Hearing isn't GREAT...I'm told I keep the TV too loud.

I have a JAWBONE model ???? and it's good but I can't keep the damn thing from falling out of my ear. NOT AS GOOD as the BLUEPARROTT.
Tom

+ a million and 6.

The Blue Parrot is the number one choice of professional drivers. When I was out over the road, no one could tell I was driving a loud diesel truck with the radio on, or standing outside fueling with an idling truck on either side. I still use it when driving my Jeep. It is the only headset that I have ever used that allowed others to hear me well and not background noise, PLUS I can hear them even in a noisy environment. I've used others that do one well but not the other, this is the first one that worked fantastic on both ends.

Top Bottom