What's new

Blue Bird Razor Blade

Been using the feather blade, very sharp but only get maybe 3 good shaves.
Whats your take on the Bluebird.

I like them a lot. I'd say they're around #3 on my go-to blades list, behind Super Iridiums and NOS Bleues.

As far as number of shaves are concerned, I rarely get more than three shaves out of any blade, SIs, Bleues and Bluebirds included.

Jeff in Boston

I like them a lot. I'd say they're around #3 on my go-to blades list, behind Super Iridiums and NOS Bleues.

As far as number of shaves are concerned, I rarely get more than three shaves out of any blade, SIs, Bleues and Bluebirds included.

Jeff in Boston

Agree. Top notch blade. In my "second tier." Below Iridiums and Feathers, and on par with Astra SP, Concord (very similar to Bluebirds) and a couple others I've really liked. Those are considerably ahead of the rest of the crowd.

I liked them, thought they were good. In my opinion and opinion only they are re-branded Derby's. No one has ever cleared up that mystery as to their origin and factory.

They didn't work out for me. I have a box of maybe 80 left that I will never use. I tried to trade them but nobody wanted them.

I liked them, thought they were good. In my opinion and opinion only they are re-branded Derby's. No one has ever cleared up that mystery as to their origin and factory.

and until someone actually confirms that they are re-branded Derby's, I won't believe that they are.

besides, they're far sharper than Derby's. I like them alot.

and until someone actually confirms that they are re-branded Derby's, I won't believe that they are.

besides, they're far sharper than Derby's. I like them alot.

+1 I can't use Derby's at all.

But Blue Birds have always been great for me in all razors I have tried them in.

I used a few Blue Birds when I started and thought they were decent. The other day, I pulled out a pack I had left and put one in my Blue Tip and shredded my face. It's presently laying on the edge of my vanity to try again in a few days but if the results are the same, then no dice.

I tried these blades and they simply didn't work for me, I made one pass WTG and it cut pretty good but after than it simply ran out of gas and refused to cut. At first, I thought the razor was clogged with soap and hair. I rinsed the razor and tried again, same performance. I had a similar experience with Derby blades, had to finish the shave with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Black. Good thing I didn't buy 100 of these lol!

I rate them on par with "Made in Israel" blades (blue dot wrapper).

I do not believe they are re-branded derbys. I cut my face to ribbons with a Derby, on more than one occasion.

Been using the feather blade, very sharp but only get maybe 3 good shaves.
Whats your take on the Bluebird.

I have some and use them from time to time. I think they're ok. For me, they're not as effective as Astras, Feathers or Kais but they're in the ballpark of red personnas.

They're definitely not rebranded Derbys, as some have suggested.

--james

Then from where do they come. All the packaging looks like Derby style process. Who is the parent company and why do they hide. Why not look to grow the brand.

Then from where do they come. All the packaging looks like Derby style process. Who is the parent company and why do they hide. Why not look to grow the brand.

Makes sense, but they just do not shave like Derbys for me. I never get pleasurable shaves from Derbys like I do with the Bluebirds.

I almost took product from that guy. If they are made in Europe then where would that be, only thing that comes to mind is...Turkey...which is in Europe, not the middle east. Where do Derby's come from...Europe..Turkey to be exact.

I almost took product from that guy. If they are made in Europe then where would that be, only thing that comes to mind is...Turkey...which is in Europe, not the middle east. Where do Derby's come from...Europe..Turkey to be exact.

so what? they could be made by the same company in the same warehouse - that doesn't make them "re-branded Derby's". they are 2 different blades that shave very differently

I honestly have to say I do not think so. How much of a difference could there be in the manufacturing process is the question.

If I make canned food, lets say canned chili. My name brand I will make taste the best. The label I put on for your company will not taste as good. In that batch I will leave something out or skimp a bit.

How do I skimp on stamping out razor blades, how do I make my blade sharper and better than the blade I make for your name or company.

Turkey is also in Asia. 95%+ of Turkey is Asia. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom