What's new

Blue and Red 38C?

i would love for it to be a threaded fabric grip, the problem is that with the constant exposure to water and soaps, the colour would fade and the smell would be repugnant after a while,

maybe if done in nylon,

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Color? Nope...not for me. Design money might have been better spent creating a "higher end" 38C product with the finish like that of the Edwin Jagger razors and a more pronounced Barber Pole handle like that of the finer English Aristocrat Gillettes. Just my opinion.... keep in mind I'm a older hip 47 year old. The color might appeal to younnger enthusiasts.

I don't yet have the Barber Pole Merkur but plan to get one when my 'Shaving Slush Fund' is replenished. As for the red and blue, I don't think I'd use them in my rotation, but they sure would add a little panache to the collection! Afterall, I am a Merkur guy! I have several classic DE's in my collection but the Merkurs are the razors I reach for every day.

Color? Nope...not for me. Design money might have been better spent creating a "higher end" 38C product with the finish like that of the Edwin Jagger razors and a more pronounced Barber Pole handle like that of the finer English Aristocrat Gillettes. Just my opinion.... keep in mind I'm a older hip 47 year old. The color might appeal to younnger enthusiasts.

A huge +1 on what the Shark said...except the hip 47 year old part. :biggrin:

Mike, I agree with ya 100%. To your description of an upscale 38C I would add a few gold accents (i.e some gold bands on the barrel) to top it off.

Merkur or Edwin Jager folks - Can you hear us?

Not for me either and i'm 28, if that means anything. I would just think that the color might come off or if there is a scratch it would expose the silver color. Who knows, 20 or 50 years later would this color hold up on these razors. I like the plane silver/crome.

Top Bottom