What's new

Blade suggestions Feather AS-D2

Although I am not a huge fan of the Feather AS-D2, Feather blades gave me the best shaves with it.
Alternatively, you could try Gillette yellows (7 O'Clock SharpEdge).

Just got a great shave with a 7 o’clock yellow! Best shave yet. Feathers for some reason even in this super mild razor STILL just don’t get along great with my face. Not sure the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stick to Feathers and GSBs with this razor, with a slight preference going to GSB (maybe).

I also tried Kai, which devoured my beard BUT caused pretty brutal irritation after a couple shaves. Little did I know, Kai blades are slightly wider than standard DE blades ergo require a slightly different shaving angle. I would probably be fine taking them for a spin now, but I have no interest in throwing a wrench into my routine given how consistent my shaves are with the other two.

Makes sense to me. I’ll pay close attention to that as I went and ordered a few Kai to try. Although last night I tried a 7 o’clock black and was damn impressed. Now I got a ton of blades sitting around I need to try to trade off. Lol. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased this razor and enjoy it immensely. Every blade I have tried so far has worked well, and gives me about 5 to 6 shaves. I've used Feather, Gillette Silver Blue, Astra SP. I shave at night because it is relaxing before bed and unhurried. With the Feather AS-D2 razor I get a close enough shave that it looks good all the next day. A wonderful razor, in my opinion. And the razor is easy on my sensitive skin.

Bit late to the thread but if this razor is anything like the Feather Popular then the only blade that will work satisfactorily in this razor is a Feather. It is almost like Feather purposely designed that and possibly other razors so they wouldn't work unless paired with a super sharp blade like a Feather.

Top Bottom