What's new

Blade Sampler Question

Can anyone suggest a good blade for a complete newbie with a recently PIF'd 1940's SS and Parker's 22R and 98R?

I started with a 40s superspeed, and the blade I used was an iridium super. Red-pack Israeli Personnas are also great in that razor, as I see it. I've no experience with the Parker 22R/98R, but I did like sharks in my parker 91R.
Hope it helps,
-- Chet

I started with a 40s superspeed, and the blade I used was an iridium super. Red-pack Israeli Personnas are also great in that razor, as I see it. I've no experience with the Parker 22R/98R, but I did like sharks in my parker 91R.
Hope it helps,
-- Chet

Chet,

Thank you very much for the information. I greatly appreciate it.

Steve

Can anyone suggest a good blade for a complete newbie with a recently PIF'd 1940's SS and Parker's 22R and 98R? Still waiting on delivery of my TOBS Sandalwood cream. Steve
Steve, I settled on the Derbys pretty quickly when I started with the DE and have been quite happy ever since. They are forgiving, give a great shave and cheap as all get out when you buy them 100 at a time. Plus, the 5 packs are also a blade vault when you're done. Of course, I would definitely go with a sampler pack first. -Greg

Can anyone suggest a good blade for a complete newbie with a recently PIF'd 1940's SS and Parker's 22R and 98R? Still waiting on delivery of my TOBS Sandalwood cream. Steve

22r is a great razor it was my first. astra platinum ( green one0 work like a charm in them), then derby are probably the mildest blades i have ever used and are real nice, then treet. At first i hated treet but they grow on you.

Steve, I settled on the Derbys pretty quickly when I started with the DE and have been quite happy ever since. They are forgiving, give a great shave and cheap as all get out when you buy them 100 at a time. Plus, the 5 packs are also a blade vault when you're done. Of course, I would definitely go with a sampler pack first. -Greg

Thanks for the info. Just purchased 25 Derby DE Extra Super stainless from Ebay for $7.00 with free shipping. Can't wait to try them out. Thanks everyone for the great advice and for being so friendly. Hard to find these days and greatly appreciated. Steve

Thanks for the info. Just purchased 25 Derby DE Extra Super stainless from Ebay for $7.00 with free shipping. Can't wait to try them out. Thanks everyone for the great advice and for being so friendly. Hard to find these days and greatly appreciated. Steve
Awesome! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

I most definitely will. Seems to take forever to get things shipped to an FPO when you are deployed. Im guessing mail is taking a back seat to other essential material. No worries though. Thank you everyone once again. Steve

So the Astra Stainless seemed pretty decent. Tommorrow its going to be either the Treet or the Astra Superior Platinum, I haven't decided yet.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I didn't like Treet either. They're ok but nothing more...

Tried the Astra SP today, better than the Treet. Not sure how it compares to the Astra Stainless though, I may have to try those out again. The only ones left to try are the Feathers.

Finally tried the Feathers yesterday and didn't really notice much difference. I'll give them a week I guess but so far I really like the Astra Stainless.

Interesting!

Stick with what you find to be good for your beard and skin.

A lot of folks come back to feathers further down the line..

Interesting!

Stick with what you find to be good for your beard and skin.

A lot of folks come back to feathers further down the line..
+1 ... I didn't like Feather the first time I tried it, using a Slim Adj. H-2.

It took several more trials, using it in a number of different razors over the next year, before I found the razor that it mates with perfectly. That would be a 39C, and that combo is now one of my favorites.

Top Bottom