What's new

Blade?’s

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That will vary for everyone I think.

The best way to find your best blades is to try as many as you can in as many different razors as you can. Try A Blade is a great place to buy samples. You can buy as many or as few of any blade you want to try.

Few would argue about the sharpness of Feather blades. Many would argue about the sharpness of Derby Extra blades. Derby Extra gives me a smother, more comfortable shave in my razors on my face with my soaps than Feathers do. It all depends on your skin and your own hair composition dictating how the blade will interact with them both.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

The best way to find your best blades is to try as many as you can in as many different razors as you can. Try A Blade is a great place to buy samples. You can buy as many or as few of any blade you want to try.

Few would argue about the sharpness of Feather blades. Many would argue about the sharpness of Derby Extra blades. Derby Extra gives me a smother, more comfortable shave in my razors on my face with my soaps than Feathers do. It all depends on your skin and your own hair composition dictating how the blade will interact with them both.
True. I might add that @Toothpick is the man to contact regarding swapping blades.

Sure, here ya go. This is kind of a work in progress; every time I try out a new blade I put it on the chart. Lately it's occurred to me that since no two people agree on blades, there's actually not much point in my doing this :001_cool: In the end you'll want to buy a sample pack and try them out. It's the only way to find what you like. But anyway, for better or worse, "my" take on sharpness and smoothness for a variety of oft-discussed blades:

Picture20.png

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I can't believe I remembered that it was you, Ron! Sometimes my brain works finer than frog hair!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I can't believe I remembered that it was you, Ron! Sometimes my brain works finer than frog hair!
I saw you had mentioned me on alerts, so I got curious to see what it was about. Good memory, better than mine.

+2! IMO, your rating is the only one that counts! Plus, I enjoy trying different options.

Top Bottom