What's new

Blade info DB/spreadsheet?

Has anyone compiled a database/spreadsheet/wiki/etc. containing info on various blades? I realize the B&B Wiki has SOME info on blades, but what I'm looking for is somehting along the lines of an Excel doc that lists:

Name
Manufacturer
Country of origin
Blade material (stainless, carbon, etc.)
Coatings (none, platinum, teflon, ceramic, etc)
Vendors
General cost per pack
Other packagings (like all the different brandings of Dorcos or Personnas)
Pictures
Dates of manufacture (from XXXX to XXXX, current production, etc.)

Mostly I'm concerned with the coatings...I've found that I'm fairly sensitive to Teflon coated blades, and want to know what to avoid. I realize if this existed there would probably be a sticky, but maybe someone has a little side project they've started and don't mind sharing, or could point me in the right direction. I'd even be willing to begin compiling random bits of info into a spreadsheet like this, if there's enough interest (and it doesn't already exist, lol). Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

its kinda like this in the wiki. try and find out more info and add to it, its a good idea

Yeah, I was looking at that, but there's so little info there at this point...I'd be willing to work on updating it as I went, but I need to get my info off the ground and would nned to start compiling info before diving in...it's just how I work, lol. I'd need a good chunk of information before I plug it into the wiki instead of adding a little bit at a time. I also think a spreadsheet or searchable DB makes it easier to compare side by side. A spreadsheet can be sorted by columns, and a DB can be queried with certain parameters ("show me all Russian and Pakistani blades with ceramic coatings and costing under $5 per pack", for example). A good deal of work, to be sure, I know!

Top Bottom